COMMON 24V PROBLEMS?? PICKING UP TOMORROW!!

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey hows it goin, i got a 99 24v to look at tomorrow and im probably gonna buy it. 234k on the clock. no rust, straight truck but for 6500 obo. definetly worth it in my case just hoping its not a 53 block. whats a common problem i can expect on this truck other than the tranny and the front end issues. i heard something about the pushrods, but i have another 24v and never had an issue. any input would be great thanks

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
injection pump - if the lift pump starves the injection pump for fuel then the pump will die - now this takes time to actually kill the injection pump but I would plan on that being a first and foremost mod.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah im ordering a shitload of parts from genos garage, shocks, fuel transfer pump and lift pump. just to make sure nothin happens. bought basic maintenance parts, belt, tensioner, fuel filter and air filter. oil and filter. this trucks gotta last me so i figure id do everything i can if theres anything else let me know. theres a KDP kit for it too. threw that in lol

bentwings

Reaction score
You need AAA card with RV coverage. This gives you good towing if you need it.
Then search here and you should find a list of the tools needed to change the VP-44 at road side or in the driveway. Keep these in the truck at all times. Don't forget a medium sized inspection mirror to check the VP keyway location.

Print out the VP install instructions and keep them in the dash or consol.

Keep a credit card with about $1000 in it for the VP 44 when you need it. (not if you need it) -cuss :mad:

Otherwise enjoy the truck. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online