CnC Lengths for 6.0?

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
I was just curious does anyone know off the top of their head what lengths the cab and chassis came in for the regular cab 03-07 4x4 trucks?

Thinking about picking up a 6.0 one for work on the farm and the flatbed would come in real handy for that. I didn't know if it was like the older trucks where the wheel base for regular cab trucks are ~133 or ~137/161 for regular cab CnC trucks. I don't know if those numbers are 100% accurate since I am just going off the top of my head but I know they are close.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Alright guys found out the truck f350 regular cab wheel base was 137"

The cab and chassis f350 closest to the standard truck is 140.8" which is what I am wanting to stick to unless I just happen to find the truck version for such a good price. But I personally think the few extra inches of the CnC makes the truck look better and more proportional with a flatbed.

I guess my next question is does anyone think the 05-07 trucks are worth the extra money? I know they obviously look a little better exterior and interior wise which is nice, but I was more curious about the coil front end vs leaf spring front end and improvements in the 6.0 to where they don't have quite as many little issues. Is the ride a lot better and a noticeable difference with the coil front end?

I already know about the bulletproofing and such as I have been curious about these trucks since they first came out, just looking for more advice regarding my questions; not if someone thinks the 6.0 is stupid to buy.

Thanks guys

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
6.0's are for stoopid people.. JK

Are you sure that 3.8" is going to make that much of a difference on looks?

Most everyone says the coil front rides ways better.
Also the newer the 6.0, the better.

Depending on what you may tow with it, the CnC may be the better choice.
Should have higher weight rating.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
6.0's are for stoopid people.. JK

Are you sure that 3.8" is going to make that much of a difference on looks?

Most everyone says the coil front rides ways better.
Also the newer the 6.0, the better.

Depending on what you may tow with it, the CnC may be the better choice.
Should have higher weight rating.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

The 3-4 inches I will be able to tell, but with that being said I wouldn't turn down a super good deal on a styleside truck if all the cab and chassis ones were really expensive.

As far as towing is concerned, here is what I have gathered so far. It wasn't easy since what I am looking for is getting a little old when compared to the brand new trucks so the listed info from ford isn't easy to find anymore and it seems like every other site says something a little different.

But 03-04 Styleside Regular Cab DRW 4x4 6.0: GVWR: 11,200 GCWR: 20,000
03-04 Cab n Chassis Regular Cab DRW 4x4 6.0: GVWR: 11,200 GCWR: 20,000

05-07 Stylside Regular Cab DRW 4x4 6.0: GVWR: 12,600 GCWR: 23,500
05-07 Cab n Chassis Regular Cab DRW 4x4 6.0: GVWR: 13,000 GCWR: 23,500

So the 05-07 definitely has a bigger boost as far as "legal" ratings which is something that is important to me for law enforcement career. Can't be pulling people over and citing people for infractions if I sit there and break the same exact ones on my own.

But add in that mixed with tighter turning radius, more comfortable ride, nicer exterior and interior, improvements to the 6.0 system, etc. Looks like sticking to 05-07 is probably going to be the way I will go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online