Centurion Overhead Console

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some braces on an ext cab. I'm sure there are on a crew.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the roof is two separate pieces with about a 3/4 inch gap between them from running the wires to my cab lights and drilling into it from the top on my 150. My plan is to use some self tapping screws in some areas I'll mark under the head liner as I'm pretty sure there are three horizontal pieces of metal that extend right to the headliner. I'm gonna take it out first or at least fold it back down from the front to make sure where they are. I'll take pictures along the way in case anyone else wants to duplicate it.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the roofs are like 2 layers ones outside shell and the other is about 3/4 inch gap, it's not excactly flat on the inside like various areas mostly bracing and support stuff, I'm sure someone has a headliner out and can take a picture of it

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Single cab has two steel walls. Supercab has a brace across the middle, aprx. where the dome light is. No idea about the crew cab.

Does anyone have a better pic of that $100 console, or a link to one?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true, i actualyl forgot that a crew cab has 3 braces runnign across the roof..heck i had to weld one back in!...true, well this is good news.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I've already been asked for measurements for the Western Hauler overhead console. I didn't realize how much of a thing it was :D

Now I'm thinking I should post the measurements and pics of both consoles in a thread and maybe get others with wooden consoles to do the same :cheers:

I'll get some pics of it today as I plan to be outside in a few hours and needed to get pics for another member anyway. Hopefully I cab get at the measurements too.

I do plan to pull at least the floor console out one day and make a new one that's the same, but not held together with long staples.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I'm thinking I should post the measurements and pics of both consoles in a thread and maybe get others with wooden consoles to do the same :cheers:

This! We should have a sticky for overhead consoles. In my looking around I've noticed there is a decent amount of discussion pertaining to them.

This thread is why I PM'd you in the first place :D

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Got my dimensions all perfect, on Saturday I'm gonna cut one out of oak instead of junk wood and stain it and all I'll have to do is wire my toggle switches and lights into it.

I'm also on the dome lights not having a hole, they'll be screwed into the console. Just easier for mock up purposes to do this to make sure my roof scribes were good.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's turning out pretty nice! I do hope you're going to find a better way to hold it up though :p

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the idea but these truck don't have much head room as it is! I prefer my radio to be up there but I don't know if theres enough room. I will be toying with this as well when I dig into my truck.....hopefully within the next few years!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's been a while. Finally made the final one out of oak now I just need to stain it and decide where the holes are going for things and mount it!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Now it's all pretty. Drilling toggle switches and accessories tomorrow. Gonna have one main hot wire going to everything on it switched from the fuse box and one main ground wire and use shrink tubing to take all my wires too and from it from the plastic trim in the truck.

I just wish I had any idea where the support braces were in the roof to mount it. I do not wanna take the headliner out to find them...

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So that's how we got it mounted. Back one is in where the dome light was. Front one is in the sheet metal with 2" self tappers. Then drilled sideways into those blocks of wood to mount the console. This ensured we didn't go through the roof or only catch head liner.

There's another view of it while I was working on it. I took the metal slip off the front and hid all of the wires down the side trim. Still got more accessories to hook up to it but the important steps are done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online