catch can - CDR delete

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://m.ebay.com/itm/161549881968
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I used a 1 liter version of that one and i really didnt catch any oil mist with it. I did notice my front main leaked more i believe from the extra hose running to it caused some back pressre on the crank case as the turbo really doesnt pull any vacuum on the filter

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup that's why i ordered one that had 3/4" pipe threads and used a 1x3/4 barb. I used 1" hose for mine too. I couldnt find one that was 1" NPT but 3/4" should have been close enough.

lude and rude

Reaction score
whatever you use it needs a least 1" hose unrestricted flow. i found out the hard way and used 3/4" on an old idi engine and had some valve cover leaks almost right away. upped the size to 1" and the problem went away for most part.
i was just going to build something out of pvc for my next one using 4" pipe and end caps plus bath loofah. add a smallish drain on the bottom and 1" hose (or (2) 3/4" hoses) in and out. should work good.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you guys using for hose? I have 1" hose barbs that have been bored out to reduce restriction but I don't know what to do about hose. I hate to pay 7-8$ a foot for CPE hose when it's going to be a nontrivial amount of it.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my catch can will sit ontop of the valley pan grommet, the hose im using is left over -8 AN nylon braided hose.

lude and rude

Reaction score
i have just used heater hose/general purpose hose. it seems the vapor isnt super hot and not caustic at all to eat the hose. the clear braided hose didnt work for me thou but i know some have luck with it. i had issues with it building condensation on the exterior of the hose.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
patiently awaiting parts.

You must be registered for see images attach

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please let me know how this works out because I'll make one or have you make one for me. Just mine can't be in the middle of the engine needs to be off the side on a fender.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I planned to make one modeled after the $200+ one that Iowa 80 sells for the big Cummins and mount it under the bed, outboarded from the frame rail. I made a thread about it and hope to get on that project later this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online