Carrier Pump Group Buy

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sitting on one I was gunna put on my 88, now the switching valve in the 93 is suspect and I'm going to put filters in front of it and clean it out .
Expect to install the carrier at the same time .
Anyone have negative input before I jump in?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We probably should start calling these what they are - the Facet Dura Lift. Might make them more availble since Carrier is not the only people using them. To bad we didn't have a chance to check Gary's timing after we installed his. That would have helped us know if the extra pressure was an issue.

@Mel did you ever nail this down?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanx jasper!

Near as I can read ' these have no issues!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure if you are refering to me or not but most I can say about these electric pumps is "why didn't Ford do this in the first place"... .these pumps are on most every refrigeration semi trailer and they suck and push fuel from way back under the trailers up to the small diesel engines that run the coolers. They run 24 7 365 and you do not read about failures. They can run dry for a very long time and not fail too. For those that feel the mechanical has lasted for many years. Well that's great. but I do not like trying to work in that area plus you need the engine cranking to purge air from the fuel systems. Cranking unnecessarily kills the starter and batteries. A tight fuel system will not leak down over night. I can let my rig sit several days and it fires in barley half an engine rotation. If you are afraid the electric may fail just buy 2 of them. Place a spare behind or under the seat and wait for a failure. I have been waiting 9 years with a spare behind the seat. Many know I keep many spares behind my rear seat. So far nothing has been used. I have a spare serpentine belt tensioner and the idler pulley. 3 belts. A spare electric lift pump. 3 fuel filters and the power steering pump pulley removal install tool. I do have more back there but these are an idea of what I carry. I do not have a spare injector back there.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha
Me also!
Thanx

I have a call into facet( tech dept is down today) ...
Push fuel or pull fuel whats the consensus???

Last edited:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's the carrier facet pump its a puller. Its for refer units on semis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online