Carnage

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the head back from the machine shop this morning and injectors are here. Been thrashing all day and almost have it all buttoned up, should be done around noonish tomorrow if I don't sleep in too late LOL

Making the approach for landing at a steep angle because of the short runway
You must be registered for see images attach

Pulling the nose up (ya this is the other side of the truck, too much stuff in the way on the drivers side for a pic)

Almost there.

A perfect landing. Going in at an angle like this, I left the head gasket off until I had the head in the right place and angle to avoid damaging it, then lifted the head up a couple inches and slipped the gasket in.

When torquing down bolts I make a mark with a sharpie on each bolt as I torque them down, one mark for each step, these are on step 2 of 3. Doing it like this you don't miss a bolt and know exactly which step you are on for each bolt. I leaned this one AFTER pooching an small block chebby engine rebuild 20 soem years ago where I missed one rod bolt and the engine threw the rod a couple minutes after I started it for my customer to listen too...... Oh yea, he was impressed.

Just about done, will finish it tomorrow.

parttime379ex

Reaction score
you want your high gear in the dash huh?you will lose low gear low will be more like a 1st.i have a 13 like that.but i like the 15 double over that i replaced it with

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you want your high gear in the dash huh?you will lose low gear low will be more like a 1st.i have a 13 like that.but i like the 15 double over that i replaced it with

Yep, BTW.... grossing only 26K, I won't even need Low, 1st or 2nd. 3rd is 3.69 .......... 1st in my Allison is 3.45