Can you be of help? Need detailed pictures

Mr Clickety Clackety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really need some detailed photos of the engine bay and what goes where. I am trying to piece Ole Bertha together. my biggest problems are:
1 I didn't take it apart
2 I have 0 experience with these engines.

I am might purchase a donor truck (if I can find a cheap one) just to use as a guide.
If I get a cheap non running truck I will use it for nuts and bolts and spare parts.
If I buy a running truck I will take the bolts I need to ace and get duplicates, then sell the truck to my friend for super cheap.

OR if anyone can point me to a list of bolts and sizes that Would be a help too. thanks guys.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first thing you must do is acquire a injection pump, injection lines,, IP gear, and IP gear housing.
you must pull the water pump off and the front timing cover to ensure correct alignment of the gears.

these things are super simple, don't be afraid.

I could flood you with info, but lets start at the first stem and then move forward

Mr Clickety Clackety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check. I supposedly have everything... according to Seller. except most of the hardware apparently

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm in whittier ca about 25 miles southeast of you. I can drive my rig to you and you can take pics of everything you need to know. Sad part of your engine is some not so bright person took the injection pump and housing with the gear still attached off the engine. Absolutely no way you can just stick that back on the engine aND GET IT CORRECT. tHIS FORUM CAN EASILY HELP YOU DO THIS AND DO IT RIGHT. fOR MANY OF US WHAT YOU NEED IS EASY TO DO BECAUSE MANY OF US HAVE DONE IT WAY TOO MANY TIMES.
Very sorry about the caps. I often hit the caps key and never see it till I look up at the screen. I don't type watching the screen. I look for the next key...

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put mine back together with mostly new hardware. Most of the engine hardware is standard. Mostly 5/16 and 3/8 of various lengths. The actual body stuff is metric. Mostly m6, 8, and some 10. All nc or standard coarse for the metric stuff. I bought boxes from McMaster of the sizes I needed as a personal choice because I really am early enough in my garage phase that I didn't have much in stock. Pay attention to lengths. 1.25, 1.5, 1.75" are common sizes you will run across.

Honestly, looking at your pic, you don't seem to be missing that much.

I have pictures of a lot of things as I'm assembling my truck in my build thread so that can be a good resource for you.

Good luck and ic in doubt, ask.

Mr Clickety Clackety

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in whittier ca about 25 miles southeast of you. I can drive my rig to you and you can take pics of everything you need to know. Sad part of your engine is some not so bright person took the injection pump and housing with the gear still attached off the engine. Absolutely no way you can just stick that back on the engine aND GET IT CORRECT. tHIS FORUM CAN EASILY HELP YOU DO THIS AND DO IT RIGHT. fOR MANY OF US WHAT YOU NEED IS EASY TO DO BECAUSE MANY OF US HAVE DONE IT WAY TOO MANY TIMES.
Very sorry about the caps. I often hit the caps key and never see it till I look up at the screen. I don't type watching the screen. I look for the next key...
Hey thanks for the offer. I would greatly appreciate it. I'll shoot you a 12 pack of your favorite beverage or gas money.

I have research about the pump timing procedure and it seems do able. I'm sure I'll have a grand Ole time lol.
I'm going to message you my number.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks laser jock
Do you know the length of bolts for the ps bracket and ac compressor bracket?
Not off the top of my head. There are some variables. Depending on the exact bracket you have. I think all the mount bolts are 3/8 but I don't know what length off hand.

Here's a couple pics.

Think that's all I have. Knowing how it goes together you should be able to measure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online