Bricknose cab weight?

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Finally got a cab for my truck today and going to pick it up in the morning. When I pick it up, The doors and front and back seats will be removed. Just the dash and steering column might be left in it when we lift. I think I'll take the column out though. What kind of weight am I looking at? I heard its 400lbs with doors but not sure. Have no access to lifting equipment with very little room to work with at the drop location. And given its on a tuesday, everyone is at work.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's more than that. Can't say how much exactly but I think it's more than a 4 man lift unless they are really big men. It's super heavy to the firewall side. The balance point is somewhere close to the steering wheel. Maybe a little farther forward. My 1300 lb winch will lift it without much of any complaint.

If it were me and I had no way to lift it, I'd take a couple 4x4's 10' long and build cribs on either side and go up and down a few inches at a time. Pull the frame out from under it and drive the trailer in then do it over and drive your frame back under it.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw, if it's on flat ground, furniture dollies work good to roll cabs around on.

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Bed and engine is still on chassis. Would an engine lift chained to the seat and belt bolt holes lift it slowly enough to roll it sideways off? Don't have a lot to work with.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cherry picker will lift it. I would recommend hooking the front chains through the floor holes to the front body mounts some how. The rear can hook about anywhere toward the back. I lifted mine with a cherry picker but had my front lift points right in front of the front seat mounts and it was a near disaster because the balance was off. Like I said you have to be aware of the balance point.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bring chain.
bolt to body mounts, there the strongest point on frame
front driver to passenger rear.
wrap chain at the intersect and bolt all 3 together.
600 ish lbs
extend the boom on the cherry picker all the way out

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
Well, What actually happened is..... Got it with two straps running under the rockers and it lifted fine... With a hay tractor. My chains were to short. However, The sumbitch slid/tilted forward while in air and the roof down bend got a ding. To avoid more damage, Tried to back trailer under cab.... Trailer is to small. So now it is sitting on 2 4X4's on the ground until I can acquire a flatbed trailer. I knew the balance point was close to the firewall so I left the rear seats in too..... I'm an idiot, Lol. But, I had it ready to lift in 3-4 hours. Removing the fenders took the longest.
And you're right laser. As soon as I took the mount bolt under the dash off, She lifted that corner. The rest didn't and when I would get in to hold the rear, she'd "bounce" that corner.

Last edited: