Brakes what brakes part 2

pegleg

Reaction score
well I found that the ugly brake fuild and an worn out master cylinder is what caused my brakes to go out and come back:mad: I just got back from the bone yard with a hydro boost sytem out of a 95, f 450 master ,booster steering pump and lines, but they cut the lines more work all for $145.00 I'll start on it in the morning;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.... Thats going to really upgrade you brakes. You actually double the pressure inthehydraulic brake lines using the hydrboost.Your goung to need the brake peddle too. I see you didn't list it in the parts you bought.. The cut hoses are better to buy new than install used...

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah.the brake pedal is way to firm using the stock pickup's.not fun.need one of these myself still.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
I think gary on the 92-97 trucks, the F-SUPERDUTY pedals and the F-1,2,350 are the same. the only difference is if you have a third pedal.

I would STRONGLY recommend replacing all the brake lines in your truck. I had a terrible time with my swap because the old lines gave me hell. The rubber lines can act as a check valve and lock up your brakes, and the extra pressure of the hydroboost can blow out a rusted steel line.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ah that would suck if this is the case.this wouldn't explain why it feels like i have manual brakes almost then.:(

just to check things out,i hoped in my dads '08 f350 6.4l psd the other day,and man what a difference.just felt like a normal brake pedal.i didn't have to play incredible hulk.
my entire brake system is all new.
i used the f2/350 master,but based on everything iv read,if i went with the f-superduty master, if anything the larger bore increases firmness even more.so i tossed that idea quick.

maybe i didn't ream the holes out enough in the master?hmmm.

Last edited: