Blown Turbo

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Our "new" F450 PSD brush truck now has a blown turbo on it. Hell, it's a July 03 build 9I think) and only has 704 miles on it.

What a POS:( :(

Brickman

Reaction score
Early 6.0Ls had problems. I wouldn't have bought one. Give it about two years and they'll be as reliable as the 7.3Ls

jtbyenow

Reaction score
Just lookin at the location of the Turbo and what is all around it in the 6.0L . You know it must be a pain in the neck to take that turbo off. I know alot of the early trucks in 03' Had turbo problems. The Variable Vains would lock open or completely closed and readings on boost would either be off the charts or no boost at all. OUCH! Let us know how it goes on the Turbo Ramprat.

TheBundo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ramprat
Our "new" F450 PSD brush truck now has a blown turbo on it. Hell, it's a July 03 build 9I think) and only has 704 miles on it.

What a POS:( :(
Rampy, my 2004 F-450 had the turbo quit at under 1000 miles too. The service tech I called right away said it was likely just the solenoid. I kept driving, as I was working. It was a dog. But within a half hour, it started working again, and has never acted up again. I now have close to 3000 miles. I did get out and wiggle the connections, but that didn't cause it to start working immediately. You might want to check it anyway.

slingingsmoke

Reaction score
Hey folks first post, mine is going in for a new turbo too. 18,000+ mi. Just started acting up lately

slingingsmoke

Reaction score
its an 04/04, 10/03 build date.
It had erradic Idle since about 6,000 mi. went to the dealer three times and said that the engine light came on and off.
They said it was the "ghost code" and didn't even write me up. Combined with the three times they did work on it, it would've been 6 trips to the dealer. so far: 2 EBP sensors within 2,000 miles of eachother, 1 VGT sensor, and come Monday at 0700hrs, a new turbo. Current mileage 18,645

I smell Buyback.