block and heads at shop

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
so i droped my stuff off at the shop today(carquest). iknow, i know, WTFcookoo . ANYWAYS, the machinist that work there also builds diesel engins for tractor pulls. lots of experience in that dept. told me up front that he dosen't have the proper wheels at this time to grind the pre-cups and heads, if needed, he'll have to get them. so i told him to just bake it, complete check(block, heads, cam, crank), pressure test, magnaflux, and the best part of it all, 125$. plus there a delear for MAHLE;Sweet. so any body ever get a complete rebuild kit from them. i checked there web site and i need an account to access prices-cuss . anybody know a way around it?
i'll post pics on reassembly, painting, and :rotflmao bling:rotflmao
chris

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
just a little more than stock:D . i'd like to replace the rods and pistons with turbo ones, new lifters, bearings, injecters, moose pump, hypermax turbo, intercooler, complete engine compartment rewire and paint, solid axle swap, 4-link suspension w/ air bags front and rear, 34" tires (biggest i could find for a dually w/ 16" rims that still fit without spacers), 5" stacks mitre cut w/caps, 80 gallon aux tank plumbed into both tanks, saddle style tool box, winch style front bumper, lots of bling in the engine compartment, braided hoses, chrome, maybe some lights . :eek: just for starters:eek: i just needed a cheep block to start with.
i'm trying to work out a plan to make it up there. i'll keep you posted
chris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle