blemished tires

1994IDI

Reaction score
Anyone know where to pick up blemished tires. I would like to find a set of 285 75 16 A/T, or M/T tires. I had a set of blemish 35's on my last truck, picked them up for 3 or $400 less than new, and couldn't even tell they weren't perfect. So I would like to find some for this truck. so any leads on blemished or discounted tires? Thanks

sootman73

Reaction score
try treadwright.com i got 4 285/76-16 tires for about $100 a piece and $23/each for shipping. they are retreads and i'm very happy with how they ride and the look.

The tread i have is M/T-G. its like a goodyear wrangler m/t tread pattern. my casings are michelin LTX's which are load range D and ride pretty good.

Attachments

• l_2458188d7ae5491faa302882b4db2213.jpg
    l_2458188d7ae5491faa302882b4db2213.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 22
  • l_5df2a694df1e4abeab9d0379e673ebe1.jpg
    l_5df2a694df1e4abeab9d0379e673ebe1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 22
  • l_c4162757f01b45a3b2a3d13454f3f5cd.jpg
    l_c4162757f01b45a3b2a3d13454f3f5cd.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 15

1994IDI

Reaction score
Thanks a lot sootman. Do they seem to last as long as new tires. I mean they don't wear faster. Any other drawbacks? I love the idea, if there are no big downsides.
Also, what is the ultra-grip? That company offers each design in ultra-grip, and non. Are yours ultra-grip?

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ultra grips have walnut hulls in the rubber for better ice and snow traction.
I just priced new 285/75/16s from Cooper tire for 157 mounted balanced and installed. At that price I can't really justify the retreads.

sootman73

Reaction score
Thanks a lot sootman. Do they seem to last as long as new tires. I mean they don't wear faster. Any other drawbacks? I love the idea, if there are no big downsides.
Also, what is the ultra-grip? That company offers each design in ultra-grip, and non. Are yours ultra-grip?

i cant really comment on how long they last as i have only had mine on for two weeks. i just finally wore off the rubber nubs after this two weeks and i've put on about 600-700 miles. seem good so far but at the cheap price i wouldn't mind buying them every year and a half. they have a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty though so that tells you something.

what tread Coopers were those and were they online? sounds like a local shop since you have to have your rims there to have them mounted.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I have a little over $800 total in my Goodyear MT/R's on my brown truck. I have to say I love them. They are flat out the most amazing mud tire I've ever had the pleasure of driving on. By far they are the quietest mud tire on pavement as well. There is a specific speed right around 45 where they howl a bit but before and after that you cant even tell you have an aggressive tread tire on there. I was told here before buying them though that they have an extremely soft rubber compound and need to be rotated half normal service period in a diesel.
I know that wasnt the info you were looking for but if you can truly get a MT/R tread copy then I highly recommend them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

what tread Coopers were those and were they online? sounds like a local shop since you have to have your rims there to have them mounted.[/QUOTE]

I actually got that price from two local shops. Cooper has several names they sell under. That price was for an American Prospect AT and for the Mastercraft AT/2. Both have a 50000k tread wear warranty.
I was looking at the retreads, but by the time I ship and have them mounted and balanced I haven't really saved any money, and I still don't get free balance and rotation for the life of the tire.
I like Cooper as well because they are one of the last american made tires.
Of course the retreads are american made as well.

aaklingler

Reaction score
I bought a set of blems off ebay, the seller name "megatires", all he has on right now is a set of 1st, but keep watching.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah there's a guy on ebay that has "blems" all the time, but I was told a lot of blems are out of round and take lots of weight to balance, I dunno.

I also have the Treadwright "MT-G's," I've had them for a couple months now...they are really good tires. Haven't really gotten to try them in mud or anything although I wanna! They balanced out nice too.

sootman73

Reaction score
Yeah there's a guy on ebay that has "blems" all the time, but I was told a lot of blems are out of round and take lots of weight to balance, I dunno.

I also have the Treadwright "MT-G's," I've had them for a couple months now...they are really good tires. Haven't really gotten to try them in mud or anything although I wanna! They balanced out nice too.

i got into some mud with them. i couldn't believe my eyes! there was so much mud flying! took me $8 to powerwash the thing! threw chunks of sod probably 30-40 ft in the air!

1994IDI

Reaction score
I like the idea. I may have a set of these on here in a couple months. I'll let you know.

tractorman86

Reaction score
there was a wholesalers wharehouse here in phoenix a while back that sold procomp blems real cheep IIRC it was southwest tire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight