Blackstone Oil Report Result

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I actually ran the oil 4k miles than what's in the report but not sure how much or little that would made any difference , the good news is no Fuel or Water in the Oil as some members mentioned to get the oil tested to narrow the possibilities of coolant loos in my previous thread .

http://www.oilburners.net/threads/help-identify-whats-wrong-with-my-ill-7-3-idi.78868/

However the Lead values are high so is the cooper and few others ( which point to some possible wear ) according to Blackstone tech who i talked to after i received the report , i need to change the Oil every 3k . It doesn't seem to be throwing big red flags yet unless the #'s get worse and the pattern keeps repeating it self unless i need to switch to Mobile or Rottela.

Any thoughts

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
These engines seem to drink Rotella. Everyone says to stay away from it. Right now, I have enough oil leaks that brand doesn't matter much, but I'm going to switch to something else after I pull the engine to reseal it and install head studs, a Typ4 cam, and port the heads all in preparation for the turbo that Typ4's rebuilding for me.

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
These engines seem to drink Rotella. Everyone says to stay away from it. Right now, I have enough oil leaks that brand doesn't matter much, but I'm going to switch to something else after I pull the engine to reseal it and install head studs, a Typ4 cam, and port the heads all in preparation for the turbo that Typ4's rebuilding for me.
Im rocking 15-40 john deere oil and when it stops leaking is when i get nervous. Lol. John deere bulk oil ftw! Like $10 a gallon delivered. Plus its on tap
Man do these engines just like to leak?

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
There is cheap rotella oil and rotella tripple t. Dont run the cheap stuff for 10k miles. Had a conversation with a mech at the repair shop that got to put a re man engine in for some dude...

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something metal is shedding and running through your bearings.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something metal is shedding and running through your bearings.

Not sure what is it yet . But no i recall that this sample was taken when the truck was parked for 2 weeks in the drive way after i started pulling the IP i decided to get the sample so i could not start it or drive it, Blackstone stating that you must run the Engine /Truck for 20 minute which wasn't my case .

I have to change the oil & filter after i install the NEW IP and injectors. Then clock another 3k miles get a sample the right way and hope for the best .

Last edited:

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know I never had much good or bad to say about rotella and I then switched to delo 5-40 synthetic and love it. Truck starts so much easier. I did a oil sample when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my truck. I tried an oil sample without starting it (I couldnt) and man all my levels were out of wack. I said screw it and later figured it out. I haven't tested since.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know I never had much good or bad to say about rotella and I then switched to delo 5-40 synthetic and love it. Truck starts so much easier. I did a oil sample when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my truck. I tried an oil sample without starting it (I couldnt) and man all my levels were out of wack. I said screw it and later figured it out. I haven't tested since.

Thanks for sharing your experience as i couldn't start the truck to drive it and get the oil warmed up , I know for fact you should do that from previous experience but will keep and eye out .

I sure thought of using DELO 5-40 specially my Oil change last so long time as i do not drive the truck all the time . How often you change it on the Synthetic ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.