Black Cap on Fuel Filter Housing

atlyeager

ATLIDI
Reaction score
Just replace the fuel pump (1990 7.3 350) with gidance of the forum and it is like I have a new truck - thanks for the advice.

Now with the pressure increased there is a black plastic cap on top of the fuel filter housing on the passanger side with electrical wire leaking fuel. Went to my local parts store and they were not sure what it was and sent me to the dealer. Once at the dealer I was told it is a fuel warmer and the part is discontinued.

Any advice on how to remove the cap, what is under it and how to stop the leak.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
That would be the oring for the fuel heater assembly. A common leak problem but an inexpensive fix. IH dealers still carry the oring and I can't recall what the part number is right off hand. It's posted in the forums in several places
To repair the oring, remove the wire connector from the top of the filter head, then remove the fuel filter. The threaded fitting that holds the filter has to be unscrewed from the filter head assembly. From there gently push the heater connector down thru the filter head with one hand and using your other hand to catch the heater assembly will get you access to the oring that is located on the heater assembly. Remove the old oring and replace with the new one and reassemble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle