Big Ed's Cummins ready to install, pics

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the motor cleaned, painted and polished, ready to install in Big Ed.

While the motor was on the stand I did the following,..

1, Killed the Dowl Pin
2, 3200 Govenor Spring
3, Smokey power pin
4, an obvous good cleaning!

It already has bigger injectors, and turbo housing on the intake, just not the exhaust side. I still want to make a heat shield for the turbo out of Diamond Plate aluminum, it is ready to cut but I don't have my saw here at the shop, hope to get that done tomorrow.

Amyway here are the pics,..

Attachments

• SV500001.JPG
    SV500001.JPG
    384.1 KB · Views: 94
  • SV500002.JPG
    SV500002.JPG
    386.4 KB · Views: 69
  • SV500003.JPG
    SV500003.JPG
    380.3 KB · Views: 47
  • SV500005.JPG
    SV500005.JPG
    378.5 KB · Views: 63

IDIeselman

Reaction score
:love: That's going to make the perfect truck and we all know it'll be done right. It's nice to see you are keeping my bronco nice and dry too:angel:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very sharp. Be a real shame if it leaks and you have to take a wrench to that orange paint. :angel:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Looks like some one found Cummins Chrome.... ;Sweet ;Sweet ;Sweet

Very Nice Darrin. A top notch job!

Make sure you let us know when we are yanking the engine out of Big Ed...

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
darrin that looks great! How hard was it to fix the Killer dowel pin? The spring kt and smokey? Did you ever solve the common transmission problem we both share and have talked about on the email?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys, I am reall happy with how it turned out I figure this is the best the motor will ever look so get some pics! In a year it will just be another greasy Diesel,..:eek:

It's nice to see you are keeping my bronco nice and dry too

:rotflmao Yes It is staying nice dry and warm! I fire it up once in a while just to hear it rumble,..;Sweet

Very sharp. Be a real shame if it leaks and you have to take a wrench to that orange paint.

Thanks, Yea the paint is a little on the orange side, but I wanted to use some good Engine paint, not just red paint that matched the truck. The flash from the camera makes it look more orange than it actually is. Close enough!

Looks like some one found Cummins Chrome....

Very Nice Darrin. A top notch job!

Make sure you let us know when we are yanking the engine out of Big Ed...

Yes I did, got them polished, thanks! I will let you know, it may be next weekend, but I will post as soon as I know.

darrin that looks great! How hard was it to fix the Killer dowel pin? The spring kt and smokey? Did you ever solve the common transmission problem we both share and have talked about on the email?

The KDP and smokey real easy, the spring kit is a little more involved but it went good. The problem is that I will not know how it went till I can install the motor and fire it up. Then well know how it went.

As far as the torque converter, I am not able to do anything with that till I get my motor out and have my TC in my hand to do some comparison with what came with that Cummins. Then I can go from there.

tomorow I want to build the heat shield for the turbo,..

suv7734

Reaction score
Looks great Darrin! ;Sweet

So why haven't you let the rest of the world know????:backoff You remember us, the IDI guys :rotflmao

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
he did suv its been a while back but there was quite the thread

Any how Darrin looks good and with it lookin more orange and blak then black and red it'll go better in a black truck so I'll be up this weekend to pick it up