Best way To Go ?

mbass777

Reaction score
well here goes need to replace what I assume is the original clutch set up on my 93 idi zf 5 speed supercab dulley 273000 miles I know it came with a dual mass set up but am thinking about going back with the solid flywheel set up from the zone for 480$ this will bump me up to a 12 inch clutch I know south bend makes the same kit for 600$ and I have heard good things about them but the zone has a warenty and stores every were any one have any experince with this swap I will be doing it on the ground in a state park and trying to minumize the pain on my dwindiling finances

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I do agree with the 12" clutch however, I would at least research some name brands like Luk, Centerforce and Hayes before I sold myself on the Zone. I would trust the manufacturer warrenty of these companies and think they offer more quality than over the shelf parts store . Chain stores may also offer different grades and give you the local support you are looking for so see what else they offer. Southbend may be a bit overkill for us under 300hp idi guys.

DragRag

Reaction score
I have the exact same autozone clutch in mine that you are looking at. I think it is a Luk clutch set up. It came with everything I needed, and I am very happy with it. I paid a little less though because I have a commercial account there. You may want to look into the commercial account option for a better pricing on it. I think I saved $100. It is a very tough clutch. I have pulled with truck and trailer well over 30k lbs with it. You will not have a problem with it at all providing you install it properly. I like having the warranty also.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the luk version. I have installed a couple of the luk kits and that is what was in my pickup when I bought it. That is the way I would go.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
O'reilly has a listing for two SMF conversion kits, different part numbers but same description, but no price. I plan to check it out this week. It's made by Exedy, any word on there performance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online