Best valve stem seals?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Getting ready to do the heads on the '93
I just pulled the valves out of My remanned heads. Chasing threads, double checking valve condition, rotators,etc. All of the seals look like positive seal viton.
The Felpro gasket set comes with nylon, hat looking seals for the exhaust valves. (stupid kit only has 7 in it!)

So which is better? I'm leaning towards the Felpro's? With the valve stem oil starvation w/ the OEM seals.

Am I on the right track?

Is there a better seal made?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I personally like the felpro seals best. The plastic exhaust seals snap into the valve spring keeper and not on the head like the intake seals

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had that before too where a FelPro gasket set is missing a valve seal! Most times I've either had a spare or could get them swapped out. Now when I buy a gasket set I open it up and count the seals before I leave the store!

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Damn, One parts store wanted to order a complete stem seal kit $25.00

Went to another store, I can get an exhaust valve stem seal kit for $9.00 It'll be here in 4 business days -cuss

I was hoping to have this done by Sunday afternoon. They're forecasting rain all weekend. So it would have been a perfect time to do this job.

It stinks to pay 10 bux for one 1/2" piece of Nylon -cuss

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online