Best place to install gauges?

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
I'am installing gauges in a 2001 24 valve Dodge auto......Where is the best place to put the senders? Mainly the auto trans temp sender....Please help......:D

Whit

Reaction score
Prolly on the firewall or on the inner fender would be best, I have 11 gauges on my 01 ..................egt,boost,fuel psi pre, fuel psi post, air psi, inlet air horn temp, rearend temp, tranny temp,aux fuel level,air filter water column, oil psi.

Cheers, Kevin

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
No I mean like the sender in the trans....the probe for the pyro....and the boost.....I know the pyro goes pre-turbo.....This is my first time doing a Dodge...

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
On mine which yours is probably the same but then is might not be I used the rear test port on the passenger side. On the TDR there are pictures of where they put it. You can also find pictures of places to put the EGT probe. I have mine on top of the exhaust manifold around #3 cyl. I put it there cause it was easy to do. It reacts very fast up and down. You can get a boost bolt from Genos and it is very easy. Just remove one of the bolts and put it in that way you don't have to tap the intake horn. Lots of info on TDR about all of this.

Whit

Reaction score
Originally posted by Whitmore
Prolly on the firewall or on the inner fender would be best

The only senders I have are for fuel psi and they are mounted on the fender well

Cheers, Kevin