Belt help.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the past week my serpentine belt has started the non stop squeak, around a year ago I shredded a belt cause I ignored the noise and kept driving. I am not doing this again let fix it and right this time, I have been reading around the forum about this issue looks like a good tensioner and quality belt is the solution to this problem. I no longer have a A/C compressor got the conversion bracket and pulley, open spring tensioner I am starting to see ware on the out side edge of the belt to its only a matter of time before sh#$ goes wrong. if some one has part# to quality tensioners and belts that be great also some instruction in how to replace the hardware never done it before, getting closer and closer to a solid truck with most thanks due to this forum.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, the brackets are different.
Alright had a thought and went out to pop the hood on the parts truck this is what I found. will the bracket work since this truck has a closed spring.

You must be registered for see images attach

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think I will replace the belt first since the tensioner is fairly new maybe 1000 miles on it. Any part # on a good belt would be great.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go buy a can of silicone spray and spray it at your belt only on the rib side. don't go nuts on it , just enough to stop the noise.

don't use anything else, it is the only product that will work on a belt. petrolium products are a big nono.

apply at idle ONLY. then let it work into the grooves before you rev up or drive it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online