Beefing up a C6

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The direct drive drum got the extra clutches for towing. I'm thinking I had about $500 into my rebuild, but I had to buy a few parts that normally are not replaced but mine were damaged.

sassyrel

Reaction score
The direct drive drum got the extra clutches for towing. I'm thinking I had about $500 into my rebuild, but I had to buy a few parts that normally are not replaced but mine were damaged.

explain to me how you have 10 frictions and steels in that drum. didnt know it was possible--

sassyrel

Reaction score
Full roller C6, mmmm, oh yeah -Drool. I forgot how much it is to do the roller conversion, but isn't that a drag only thing or can you run something like that in other applications?

well, the one i built--behind a warm 460, i had on the street for close to 10 years,with 36 tall tires, both just street driving,and some hard core wheeling, and a "bit" of dragging:sly:sly

sassyrel

Reaction score
My C6 is holding up great behind the Cummins. It has a mild build with a shift kit, and a low Stall converter.

I am considering a full manual valve body, and there is a TC that I think ACI Makes that is designed to give a lot less slip, and act like a Lock up. I will be looking into that someday.

any good tq company worth their salt, can tighten up the stall on a c6 conv.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
explain to me how you have 10 frictions and steels in that drum. didnt know it was possible--

They are thinner than the factory ones. The fit in the same space, but obviously with more friction surfaces they hold better.