Bar B Que @ Towcats 03-04-12

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, and I got a very good offer. Calvin, do you have any contact info on Pineapple Express?
Just called my buddy who (used to)own Pinapple Express.
He got bought out by Honolulu freight service.
http://www.hfsnet.com/
He's still involved at the Oakland location but doesn't run the day to day stuff anymore. I can get you a contact name/number tomorrow.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Just called my buddy who (used to)own Pinapple Express.
He got bought out by Honolulu freight service.
http://www.hfsnet.com/
He's still involved at the Oakland location but doesn't run the day to day stuff anymore. I can get you a contact name/number tomorrow.

That's one of the places I was checking out. any info would be good, thanks!

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Well, looks like I won't be able to make it after all. I just got the Maui job :Thumbs Up and need to be there on March 12th to start work..........

Congratulations on an island job! Maui is a good island to be on, lots to do and see (for cheap or free) when you aren't working. Is it a long term gig?

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
It will be for as long as they continue to pay me! lol We've been working on moving to there at some point and this transfer came up and I got the call. I asked for the moon and got about 3/4 of the way there! Can't complain about that!

brians

Reaction score
I'll be there on Sunday. I wouldn't miss it for anything (OK, almost anything). I plan on bringing the Buick GSX.

Brian

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Looks like I will be there sunday as well. :sly

I told the wife it was a good opportunity for the "oilburners" to take a listen to my wounded truck... :D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill be in mendocino with the wife . Now if i can just talk her into the extra 3 hours. yeah right.

ill be at the next one. maybe ill have the new pump and injectors and turbo mods done.
gonna put a big press in the back and squeeze the fat out of roadkill for fuel.Problem is skunks leave the biggest grease spot so must be very high yield. Wonder if they make a hazmat suit to fit me

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
gonna put a big press in the back and squeeze the fat out of roadkill for fuel.Problem is skunks leave the biggest grease spot so must be very high yield. Wonder if they make a hazmat suit to fit me

LOL

That might be a marketable item with fuel costs going the direction they are going...

I remember when I got out of high school the BioD/WVO thing was just starting to get up to speed. The fast food joint my girlfriend worked at was piling used 5-gallon drums of WVO out back. I remember thinking how nice it would be to;
a) get a truck that I could run wvo in
b) have somewhere to filter/treat it

Now I have those two things but WVO is IMPOSSIBLE to find out here now.. :rolleyes:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm packed and ready to leave now. Getting the ROAD TRIP butterflys and anxious to leave feelings. Gotta wate till tomorrow when my son in law gets here and we collect his smoker. Also going to pick up knuckledragger along the way. He will be driving his rig too.3.55 C6....But we will get there fine too. I got calvins favorite coors lite in the small cans. He likes those because they fit in his shirt pocket nicely....:eek::cheers::rotflmao Please everyone... Don't follow what I'm doing....:angel: Actually I'm told lead will come my way if lite beer shows up at this affair...:rolleyes: Anyway is there anything I need to bring that anyone wants to see or look over. I will be bringing a kent moore J33300-A meter for timing so please get back to me before 9 am tomorrow morning...:hail

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got calvins favorite coors lite in the small cans. He likes those because they fit in his shirt pocket nicely....:eek::cheers::rotflmao
:shocked: :shocked: :rotflmao :shocked: :shocked:

Gary, that portion aside LOL sounds good to me ;Sweet

Are people doing stuff tomorrow (Sat) evening? I heard rumors about a run over to OJ's, but never heard anything concrete. My decks are cleared both days; the only thing I have to do tomorrow is get some brownies made :angel:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shocked: :shocked: :rotflmao :shocked: :shocked:

Gary, that portion aside LOL sounds good to me ;Sweet

Are people doing stuff tomorrow (Sat) evening? I heard rumors about a run over to OJ's, but never heard anything concrete. My decks are cleared both days; the only thing I have to do tomorrow is get some brownies made :angel:
even though this is a prop 215 state, pot brownies are a bad idea for this gathering. there will be leo's present.:eek:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even though this is a prop 215 state, pot brownies are a bad idea for this gathering. there will be leo's present.:eek:
:rotflmao that thought didn't even occur to me...the only special ingredients I add to brownies are chocolate chips, although I am thinking about seeing how these would come out with mint chips instead of chocolate chips.

No illicit ingredients, I promise :angel: I wouldn't even know where to get said illicit ingredients...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roll Call! OB thugs and the usual suspects....

towcat & daughter
Icanfixall & son in law
Full Monte & Wife
Vegas39 & BIL
Knuckledragger
The Warden
Gandalf
Alienturtle
Nutless(sprk-n-fire)
Brian S. & wife
442_bob
244 Joe & 347 Belinda
320 Don & wife
328 Mike & wife
Tanker Tom & family (3)
Jeff Lemmons & two sons (3)
Birke, Paula family (6)

those are the confirmed. lmk if I forgotten to post you!

As far as the Events for Sat evening, that will be determined when the travelers roll into town. we'll play it by ear.

Attachments

• SL375855.JPG
    SL375855.JPG
    288.7 KB · Views: 40

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as the Events for Sat evening, that will be determined when the travelers roll into town. we'll play it by ear.
That makes perfect sense...thanks! I'll do what I can to be wrapped up by 1700 or so, so I can be ready to head down there on short notice...