Banks over ats?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw a craigslist add may be buying just cause I know parts are worth more than post, banks non waste gated kit, 7.3 idi full motor but apart somewhat and a 6.9 and other various parts only 250$. Is the non wXtegated banks better than non wastegated ats? Don't think I can pass this deal up maybe just buying to resale parts later and keep some for spares

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Every turbo has the plus and the minus credit. Some prefer non wastegated for towing because they pass more exhaust flow and lower temps.then some prefer the wastegated because they generally put out more boost and spool up quicker but they created more restriction in flow that makes for more heat. Taylor the turbo to what "you " want....

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always buy it, yank the turbo itself off and install another turbo if you don't like it or out grow it.
The plumbing is the hardest piece to come across in my mind.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So basically the same turno different housings one just says banks and other says ats? Both are non wastegated turbos I guessed they were probably the same thing my ats is due for a rebuild and I was thinking switching to the banks kit if I buy the pile of parts also thought of just buying the parts to resale cause it comes with two motors, injection pump starter other things and stuff related to the motors. Or it's 1200 and I get a complete 4x4 f250 6.9 truck and he'll throw everything in the bed till it's full and call it a day lol so I would see no improvement with the non wastegated banks over ats 088 then?