auto or stick

safd1919

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok im building my 1st gen that i just got its got 234000 on it so its still kinda fresh lol, anyways what my goal of 350hp is do able but now should i stick with the auto that was in the trcuk when i got it OR should i go look for a stick? this is going to be a DD i drive 45 minutes to work but its mostly highway

dingodiesel

Reaction score
stick with whats in there for now . You may come across a well rebuilt unit and maybe a gearvendor overdrive unit . If you switch thats alot of parts . I'm keeping my getrag when I do my swap. the reciever truck is a auto but trying to pair to a gmc auto is a headache and buying a dodge auto is too . so I'm gonna stick to whats workin and compile the parts over time to either do a gearvendor or a better/bigger manual with a sweeter overdrive....imo

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are a stick man, get a stick. If you are an auto man, keep the auto. Either will work fine. If you do the opposite of who you are and what you stand for, you will eventually change it later. Follow your heart.
Travis..

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i say keep what u like although i built a 350hp 98.5 24v for a guy and he at first didnt to touch the auto well now its on the 3rd trans and we just put billet shafts in it along with other power adders to be closer to 650hp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Staff online