Another friend bought a 6.0

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
My other friend just totaled his 6.0 the other night, sadly but he is alive.

Anyway, my other friend went from a 7.3 SD to a 6.0 SD. His 7.3 was becoming a **** case and this new SD is cherry. Only has 89,000 miles on it and its a 04 Lariet. So far he hasnt driven it much, we put a 4" on it this weekend and he put a 5" MRBP exhaust on. He's gunna get the autogate from autozone next week to moiter those delta temps until he can get the EGR delte, studs and coolant filter.

So i understand the reason for the EGR delete and coolant filter, but should i try to talk him into an oil cooler delete as well? Anything else? All he plans to do is get a SCT tuner from Innovative and leave it go.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I thought the oil cooler was to be kept. IIRC, you can get a better one though.

Been awhile since I've researched the 6.0's.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i think he is talking about deleting the factory style cooler,(hopefully) the only thing is that the aftermarket remote systems are very spendy. after the studs, new oil cooler(remote or factory style), and egr delete, keep the guages and keep up on the pm and hope he got a good one

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Got the top end torn down to do the EGR delete and new oil cooler. Wasnt bad at all, actually besides from things being a little tight in places its easy. Got the new oil cooler installed, gunna finish it up tomorrow...only hurdle to cross now is the up pipe for the EGR delete.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
leave the stock one, and tap in a freeze plug into the hole. a few tack welds to keep in place.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Refill with EC-1 rated coolant and you shouldn't have to worry about the factory oil cooler ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online