Alternator

black haze

Reaction score
From what ive heard, 1st gen dodge alternator, or more the diodes are bad. On this note i am having the same problem.My alternator is not charging.Have any of you delt with this?Is it the diode?I am taking the alternator to get it checked out. But the diode or whatever it is is not showing a good flow of power with a voltage meter.Any suggestions?
Thanks

Whit

Reaction score
go here

http://www.fixinrams.com/id12.html

THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM IN ALL ALTERNATORS,INCLUDING THIS ONE IS A SIMPLE FIX.THE BRUSHES,IN A REPLACEABLE CARTRIDGE IN THE DENSO ALTERNATOR,WEAR DOWN AND FAILURE OCCURS.REPLACEMENT TAKES MINUTES WITH THE ALTERNATOR OFF THE CAR AND OUR REPAIR THE ALTERNATOR VIDEO.THE KIT COMES WITH THE BRUSH PACK CARTRIDGE AND COSTS ONLY $39.99,a A BUNCH LESS THEN 300.00 PLUS FOR A NEW ONE OR 200 FOR A REBUILT.

Ceejmo

Smoke a Ricer today
Reaction score
It may be the external regulator that is mounted on the firewall. I have replaced mine three times in the last 18 months.

black haze

Reaction score
Yea they change the charging system between there.Apparently people with my model are hookin them up though.So i bought one.Ill let yall know how it works.Thanks

black haze

Reaction score
Well i got the regulator hooked up and it started workin perfectly.Thanks for all the advice.