Advice on installing factory turbo

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I rebuilt mine, I sent it to Russ, and he did an amazing job on it. rebuilt the center section, and added a WWII for me.
he's got all the nifty little upgrades that you will not find anywhere else.
i.e. new up pipe castings, my originals were leaking like a siv, I tried everything in the book to reseal it.
these new castings now give me leak free charge gasses.
he also has pedestals, oil lines.
about the only thing he dosnt carry is the 3" outlet and the cross over pipe, but we can get those other places.

gonna be honest, its not for the wallet jew. but worth every penny I dumped in his pay pal.

Julianq7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDIot can you send me the link to his website? And how much did you pay? I search the WW2 wheel and it says its like 200....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
his website is in the works, PM him, he's more active in the mornings before work.
I spent a pretty penny, but I purchased castings, pedestal, oil lines, extra gromets,and a bunch of stuff.
plus this was 2 years ago.
yup the WWII is 200 + shipping

Julianq7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found where the valley pan is and where oil drain is. is that hole where my computer mouse is the hole you have to create? can someone confirm for me

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is it.
you also need a rubber grommet to seal out the dust and water threatening to get in too.
(pm typ4)

Julianq7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just bought the grommet from type4. that smaller hole to the right of the oil drain is the hole you make but what goes inside there?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The smaller one runs out the back of the engine. Keeps the valley pan from being a swimming pool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding.....

In the valley pan, there is the large hole, that is to the left, that has the tube, with the 2 bulges in it, that tube needs to be removed, and the holes poked DOWN INSIDE that hole you see, the baffle is on the "bottom" side of the surface you are looking at. You will actually stick the "punch" through that hole and you will feel the baffle there.

The small square hole to the right, is a threaded hold-down plug that the square hole is open all the way through to allow any fluids to drain to the ground.

Here is a top view of a new pan, (the side you can see under the intake). The large hole, is where the drain goes, and you poke the holes.

You must be registered for see images

Here is a bottom view of the pan, here you can see the small hole, but not the large hole. The baffle that you can see is the baffle than needs the holes punched.

You must be registered for see images attach

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's where the CDR is plumbed into in the valley pan. the other half of the CDR goes in the back of the intake.
I put a non turbo 89 7.3 IDI in an 84 E350 and ran it for a few years. There was no way a turbo was going on the engine. So a turbo intended for a 7.3 PSD resides on the frame at the rear of the transmission.

It seldom produces over five pounds, black soot is almost gone tho there is grey vapor if I lug it, and I am up one gear on hills.

I had been led to believe that the CDR was an oil separator. I plugged the manifold and turned the CDR around. I first vented it to the tail pipe where it worked OK but put a small, steady grey vapor out the tail pipe. So I moved it to in front of the compressor, like my stock 7.3 PSD.

When I removed the CDR I found could blow thru it both ways, but not knowing how it was supposed to work I reused it. Another thread on this list says it is open unless there is a vacuum in the intake manifold.

Now that I have access to the output of the CDR during operation I can see the amount of oil it is passing. It is enough that I was going to add catch can. Does a hole punched somewhere have something to do with that? Can you please flesh out that subject? Precisely where does the hole go and what is it supposed to accomplish?

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
when I rebuilt mine, I sent it to Russ, and he did an amazing job on it. rebuilt the center section, and added a WWII for me.
he's got all the nifty little upgrades that you will not find anywhere else.
i.e. new up pipe castings, my originals were leaking like a siv, I tried everything in the book to reseal it.
these new castings now give me leak free charge gasses.
he also has pedestals, oil lines.
about the only thing he dosnt carry is the 3" outlet and the cross over pipe, but we can get those other places.

gonna be honest, its not for the wallet jew. but worth every penny I dumped in his pay pal.
Hey, whats your thoughts on the WW2?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got 200 bucks to blow at a bar?
why not?
billet is what I was going for, not cast.
I did so much to this truck, its hard to pin point what actually helped the most.
I have no complaints, or praises. ive sucked a intake boot through it, and bent all the fins, but nothing broke.
that's what I like.

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
Got one sitting in the glove box, looking for motivation for pulling the turbo off to install it, lol.