99 f250 no trailer lights, checked all fuses and relays.

bj58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the trailer, I connected it to another vehicle.
It's not the 7 pin connector, i removed it and tested from the factory harness under the bed.
I have removed all fuses and relays and tested, that includes under the hood, under steering column and under the radio, all tested fine.

Anyone got an idea what would cause this ?

Here are a few pics to show what I have.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    834.7 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    774.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a volt meter can tell you more than i could ever tell you.
what other vehicle did you hook it up to?
i know my dads GMC, and my Ford have different pin arrangements.

i had to arrange my truck's wires to match up with his, because he's a stubborn old man, and didnt want me to fix his truck.

bj58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found the problem, it's the 7 pin connector.
Now that I've calmed down I went out and retested the factory trailer harness. And it has power.
So I'm going to replace the 7 pin connector
Thanks.

carid

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
bj58, you're absolutely right. This is currently the most popular plug for led trailer lights at carid.com
To wire a plug or socket the first thing you need do is to disassemble the plug or socket - the centre part that the wires fasten into can then be removed giving an easy access to the screws then fasten the wires to the relevant pins.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
bj58, you're absolutely right. This is currently the most popular plug for led trailer lights at carid.com
To wire a plug or socket the first thing you need do is to disassemble the plug or socket - the centre part that the wires fasten into can then be removed giving an easy access to the screws then fasten the wires to the relevant pins.

Why is a vendor posting an ADVERTISEMENT in a dead thread someone was asking for help in?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is a vendor posting an ADVERTISEMENT in a dead thread someone was asking for help in?
calm down, not only is he a VENDOR, which means he has paid his dues,
OB is not like these other sites, they do not discriminate on other members talking about deals in the public threads.
this is one aspect which makes this site great, their about TRUCKS, not monetary gain.
I read that post as a way to help, and I was surprised and liked the fact that vendors don't only try to just advertise, but willing to help.

this subject comes up quite often, if people that know how to search, search and need this info, there it will be.

the real question is, why is a non supporting member criticizing a paid vendor for something he posts on what I see as technical social media?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online