95 F-250 7.3 PSD All Oil Gushed Out And Truck Shut Down With CEL

FordF250Guy

Reaction score
Help guys! My 1995 Ford F-250 poured out all the oil while I was heading home last night! I first noticed the smell of my distinct Engine Oil as I had the windows and sun roof all cranked open. Then the truck started acting funny. And then it idled rough and then the Check Engine Light came on and the truck shut down. I pulled to the side of the road and I dismounted the truck and noticed Oil pouring out from underneath. What could this be guys? Oil Line? There is oil everywhere in the Engine Compartment to my exhaust and that general area from top to bottom.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Lot of things it "could" be.
Check engine light came from lack of oil.
Don't worry about doing damage from no oil. Not exactly possible with these. If there's no oil, the engine won't run since the injectors are oil actuated. (Kind of a accidental failsafe)

Start looking to see if you can find the source.
Oil cooler, high pressure oil lines in the valley, around the turbo could be pedestal orings or the ebpv actuator let go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little late, but I'll bet one of the Hi pressure lines to the oil rail burst. Nothing to do except tow it home. Each line is $100. Dealer charge to replace, astronomical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online