94 idi turbo with 87 cab swap revival thread.

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been there... I just ordered $350 worth of brake parts/bearings/seals for the rear of my '90. Still need parking brake cables, shocks, and a driveshaft rebuild... but oh well.. it's just money. Lol

Nice build bud.. keep it up.

I'm starting to see the light at the end of the credit card bill. I figure I'm a few thousand away from being done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after getting into the brakes I decided I'm going to need new spindles, ball joints, one Hub and both U joints in the axle. So After all that junk I can finally hopefully maybe get going onto the transmission swap! I'll post some pics this weekend!

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as part of my front end rebuild I'm going to swap in some 4.10 gears from a buddy and I'll paint and clean up the rest of the axle. My buddy asked me, isn't there supposed to be a sway bar or something? I wasn't sure I don't see any proof of a front sway bar ever being on this truck. QUESTION should I have one, or did a 92 F350 never have one???

Thanks guys!

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I found it :D

You must be registered for see images

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're good. I finally went and checked its there. I'd been spending so much time on the front side of the axle I had completely overlooked it. Haha!

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And so more parts! I'm replacing both spindles and uhoints are toast too. Is there an inner grease seal I'll need to replace after I clean out the axle tubes? There's a lot of junk inside! Pic soon.

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so been making some progress here and there! Every bout and bolt on this thing is rusted tight even with PB blaster soaking overnight!
I got the front axle out and disassembled and I'm in the process of cleaning everything up and getting prepped for re installation. I got a set of used 4.10 gears from a wrecked f350 and everything seems to fit so I just gotta either A) learn to set it up myself or B) find a guy who won't charge me an arm and a leg to put it together right. I'm replacing the balljoints and all the seals and spindle bearings. rand new spindles and I cleaned up the knuckles really well in the sand blaster and I'll do the same on the uint yokes, or whatever you call'em. Also the spring bushings are shot and the frame is crusty, so new bushings OH, and ad a leafs in the front, and clean and paint front frame and springs..... bushings, then install the axle and all the new goodies. Here are a few pics of the happenings:
You must be registered for see images attach

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So some of this stuff is so rusted I had to cut it off with the torch. I'm putting bushings in the springs adding a leveling kit and if course about to reassemble the front axle. But helps to have springs first.

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tearing apart my springs to add a leaf. My buddy says this is fatigue cracking and my springs should be replaced....

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All me springs have arrived and I was finally able to install the front axle with 4.10 gears! Progress feels nice. Now I just have to press the ball joints into the knuckles and reassemble the rest of the new front end goodies.

morgankshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished installing front brakes, trackbar and steering arms. Getting that trackbar in was harder than I thought to line up. Finished rear brakes too just need to bleed and adjust.

Finally installed wheels and tires 35-12.5-17 I'm happy with them. Truck sits pretty high hope I can get back out of the garage!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online