94 7.3l idi non turbo SHUTTLE BUS project

Billy

Reaction score
7.3 idi SHUTTLE BUS project
Thanks one more time for the direction. (looked up ATS right away)

My project is a 94 E350 7.3IDI non turbo Shuttle bus. Picked it up on Ebay and drove it to MN from Baltimore airport last Saturday.

Got it cheap, the unit has 200,000 miles, but supposedly has a 30,000 remanufactured block from Ford. It has 6 new tires, new black paint, inside looks better than my living room in the house, all oak trim black leather couches and kickin stereo system, carpeted.

Front in is real loose, engine smokes and is hard to start, but is getting better now. I am going to get the injectors replaced, if the compression is good and it is really a reman. block. Engine seems strong. I would love to put a custom exhaust on it with a big semi looking vertical pipe up the side........

The turbo is spendy, but this is a long term plan to have this vehicle, and I need it to tow a 14 foot tandem trailer 70 to 75 miles and hour down the road. If the motor turns out to be solid that might work. I am still worried about the axel...4.10 no limited slip.....rpms are pretty high at the vehicles top speed now of 65......hmmmm....

Thanks!!!!!!!

Bill

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to see some pictures! what are you going to use this for... Purpose... Business?

Billy

Reaction score
7.3 Shuttle Bus project

I will be using for both my business (motorcycles) and to have fun. Those shuttle buses don't look like much when they are painted white, but paint them black, with tinted windows and stainless rim covers and they look presidential. It will make a great advertising tool running down the road and rallys with vinyl graphics of the vendors I carry.

I slept in it one night on the way back and it was very comfortable and private.

I just took it to Diesel Dan's shop today to get a compression test, if its tight, I'll put new injectors in it and go from there. I hope the block is good. As soon as I get it back I'll take some pics and send them to you.

You can really pick up some great deals on ebay for Buses. Search "bus" on eby and you will see what I mean. Mostly diesels.

Bill:D

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a cool idea... I hope it works out! Could be one hell of a party bus!

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I like it. Sounds like a real cool unique rig. Can't wait to see some pictures!