City, State
Phone=cell, landline
Email
Whacha got: =shop, way to pull 5er or gn or??????tools??? etc
Whatcha can do to help
Recomendations to a good shop
how far can ya go to help.
other suggested info in below thread
previously posted here http://oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2946&forumid=20 read for suggestions

post info on this thread here. it will be compiled and put on a site for the 911 help list. heres the deal. the only folks able to access the help list will be folks who contribute and list themselves as being willing to help other members.

ya can list either your real name, username, or both. if ya dont want your username put w/ a ph number just pm the info w/ 1st name to me or another mod and it will get put on the help site and you will be given access

thanks for helping

MUDDY

Reaction score
muddy
near caldwell idaho
208 739-2520
qucikest contact instead of email is pm on oilburners
no shop and just basic tools. can pull 5er, gn or bumperpull. class 5 hitch. have flatbed trailer [bumperpull] for vehicle recovery. [can haul empty dually]. have place to keep livestock and park an rv. can recomend good shops owned by local club members.one is a top notch mech. one is a ats tranny installer/sbc installer and top notch mech. i know which stealerships to avoid.
will travel up to 100 miles or more to help or perhaps contact others to help too

will do what i can to get ya fixed up. several other helpfull membrs in this area too

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Travis Pruitt (argve)
Greenfield, Indiana.
765-465-8833 cell

Have some knowledge on diesels.

Will travel 50 miles for help.

I got hand tools.

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim B.
Pacifica, CA in the San Francisco Bay Area, just south of the City on the coast side of the Peninsula (as of February 2007)
Phone number: 388-8010 in the 650 area code (cell)
E-mail: warden@_removeme_dieselwarden.net

Have 4 wheel drive, tow chains, and straps to move stranded vehicle; can pull any size ball-hitch trailer (no 5th wheel/gooseneck capability) or grab a U-Haul car-hauler (I'm pulling a VW with it...no, really! ;)).

I have an assortment of "regular" tools and some random specialty items, but do NOT have access to a full shop or closed garage. Can use a semi-open carport or driveway area for repairs.

Can also serve as a parts-runner/people-mover with a full size sedan, or can help with diagnosis/repair, particularly with the 6.9l and 7.3l IDI, or any 1985 or older Daimler-Benz diesel. I haven't had any direct experience with one, but I might be of some use on a 12 valve Cummins or a 6.2l/mechanical 6.5l or an IDI Volkswagen diesel, and I can provide an extra set of hands on just about anything.

Ability to travel varies on work schedule, but can go anywhere in the greater Bay Area. If I have to set an absolute limit, I'd say between Ukiah and Monterey, and between the coast and Sacramento or Stockton or Fresno. I am completely available on Mondays and Tuesdays; other days are iffy due to work.

I have a feeling that I'm more likely to participate in this service as a recipient than as an assist, but if there's anything I can do in my somewhat limited capability, I'm more than happy to help out any fellow member.

I think I got everything...

Last edited:

Copper

Reaction score
Jake Han

In the San Luis Valley, CO (Poncha Pass~La Veta Pass~Wolf Creek Pass)

(719) 588-3902

[email protected]

One pretty well-equipped shop - hand tools, power tools, metal stuff (drill presses, welders, plas, chop saws, etc.) No hoist, but have tranny jack, pretty good supply of hardware, & good air. Hotsy.

Another big heated building, good spot for a 5ver in the winter, etc.

I have horses, so they can be accomodated, and there's a stockyards nearby. Lotsa room for pets.

Can move a BP or a gooseneck, sorry, not a 5ver~but I might be able to find somebody.

I can turn a wrench, give a ride, do whatever is needed - I'm not exactly ASE certified, but I can hold my own with the shade-trees.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
Justin Coakley AKA dieseldummy

Sterling, CO (in northeast corner of state)

Cell: 970-520-5079 (best way to contact me)

Email: [email protected]

Can pull GN or bumperpull, usually have access to: a 16' bumperpull car trailer, 16' stock trailer, and a 24' or 29' tandem dually GN. Have a basic to moderate collection of tools from endwrenches to air impacts. Have small and big bottle and floor jacks. Access to a shop is usually a possibility as long as my junk isn't broke down. Depending on conditions I have a place to put animals (family owns a feedlot) As for dealers there aren't many choices, but can usually provide insight into independant shops. Can weld, grind, and run a torch and have all of the above to use. Depending on the day and time can and will travel up to ??? miles, if your closer to me than someone else just give me a call and I'll see what I can do.

WPineF

Rider of the Dragon
Reaction score
Dave Bouch (wpinef)
Little Compton, RI
401-635-2141
wpinef@***.net

Bumper Pull

Have:
14' construction flat bed
2 Horse Hawk

Southeast Mass
Rhode Island

probear

AKA pooh :)
Reaction score
Donald Ward (probear)
Gainesville/*******, GA (North of Atlanta- Ga 400)
770-887-0331
[email protected]
BP or goose-neck if necessary
Have access to area for trailers nearby, driveway at home for some repairs
Possibility of enclosed area for emergency night repair.
50 or so miles....

Whit

Reaction score
Kevin Whitmore, Shoshoni Wyoming

307-876-2651 Home
307-850-5062 Cell
307-850-5061 Cell
[email protected]
PM here at Oilburners.net

Can pull goosneck or bumperpull
Recovery trailer available up to 1 ton truck
heated shop with lots of tools
welder, torch, spare steel
12' clearence with overhead lifting
room for 5er parking and more
will travel to help just call
friend has room for animals
Cummins shop,Ford and Chevy store 26 miles away

Last edited:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Tom Lindamood (packratwrecker)
Hays, KS
cell: available via PM
work: 785-6281028
e-mail: [email protected] (which I usually check after work.)

1 1/2-t wrecker(old and slow, but reliable)
3/4-t GN capable(usually able to borrow 1-t gn pickup)
Crossbreed has hydraulic power unit, w/ JD,and Pioneer couplers, limited reservoir.

Always a couple spare rigs around, to use for parts runners.

I work for Augie's Repair and Towing. I can't cut you a deal on price, but I can get you off the side of the road. There is a RV park across the street from our shop, and several parts stores in town.

Last edited:

ndurbin

Reaction score
Nathan Durbin (ndurbin)
Medicine Lodge, Kansas (SW/SC Kansas)
Home: (620) 886-3017
Cell: (620) 669-7452 (best bet to get ahold of me)
Cell: (620) 326-0619

I can pull goosenecks or bumper pulls. I might be able to find someone to pull a 5'er.

I can get my hands on a GN recovery trailer if the need arises for upto 1 ton trucks.

I also have a GN stock trailer and could probably find a pen for holding animals if needed.

Don't have any trailer storage at home but I could probably find a place.

No garage just a driveway/carport (but can use a buddies during fowl weather), decent set of tools (no air) w/ some cummins speciality tools, can do parts runs or people mover if they need arises. I have a friend that works at the local trucking company shop so something could probably be arranged for heavier trucks in the later hours of the day. I'm fairly familiar with diesel engines so I can help turn wrenches or whatever.

Couple local parts places and a local Chevy dealer, closest Ford or Dodge dealer is about 30-35 miles away. Several places to get diesel but none are 24 hour.

I can recomend several shops throughout South Central Kansas and would be willing to travel upto 100 miles. I have several friends throughout central and eastern ks. So if I can't help I can probably find somebody that can.

GSD

Reaction score
Dave Amodt
St. George, Utah. I-15 between SLC and Vegas
Cell 435-862-8622

Cell would be best, I only log in at night,
Can pull most any bumper pull.
I have a truck with a utility bed full of tools (probably couldnt remove a tire with the tools I've got, but could keep ya cool)
Soon to have RV parking again with hook ups.
Or if traveling through, just call and hang out, I do work for a few B&Bs and hotels to get rooms for free!

swanee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swanee
Fillmore, CA (60 Mi. No. of L.A.)
Ph. (805) 524-4961
Cell (805) 415-2257
Work Cell (best way to get me) (805)797-5757
Receiver hitch
5th wheel
Hand tools
Can find a place for livestock
Will run parts, transport people, if I can't do it, I probably know someone who can.
Just ask and we'll see what we can do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online