86 no start no power to anything

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Everything was perfectly fine I drove out to the woods today parked the truck got the equipment runnin so I hoped back in and started it up while everything was runnin. Went to get in it to sit in the ac for a minute and nothin.radio won't come on glow plugs won't come on blower motor nothin.i can jump the starter cylinode and get it to crank but it won't start. I can cycle my glowplugs with my push button also so it's not battery related.any ideas on what it could be.im thinkin fuseable link but I'm not sure
Also the nss is bypassed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fusible links are a prime suspect. Other possibility is main power from the battery + to the starter relay junction. SOME '83-'86 trucks are wired "backward" compared to later ones, whereby the main + power goes from the battery + to the GP relay and then splits over to the starter relay. In any event, check ALL that.

Does anything work that doesn't require the key? Headlights, 4-way emergency flashers, etc?

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Yes everything worked.we got it figured out though dad came over and found and started pullin on wires and found there was one loose in a connector
You must be registered for see images
bad thing is I did all of that before posting on here lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx