84 6.9 idi no 12 volts HELP

dshane

Reaction score
i have a motorhome 84 w\6.9 idi , e-350
you turn the key no glow plugs come on and no dash lites idiot lites come on and no headlites.
i checked all the fuse links that i could find, i changed the ign sw on the column still same thing i started tracing it out and on the injection pump there is 2 red wires that go to the same terminal on right side of pump there is no 12 volt there i ran a wire from battery pos to that term on pump and my dash idiot lites work glow plugs work and starter works it will run i know the relay on the fender has to have power to make everything else work so does anyone know
if there is a fuse link from the 2 red wires on pump back to power relay?
or whats bad making this happen i looked thru posts and didnt find anything about this any help would be nice yes im a new user thanks

rattleonby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your main starter/power solenoid. Not quite sure where it is on an e-350 my guess would be up near one of the fenders under the hood like an f series and see if its getting its 12 volt signal (small terminal) to turn the solenoid on. If your getting the 12 volt signal with the key on then more than likely its not your ign. switch and its either the solenoid or a ground. If not then its on the other side but like u said you replaced your ign. switch. The starter solenoid is about 2 in. round with 2 large terminals and one or 2 smaller ones for signal. You can even hear it "clunk" if its working properly and getting its 12 volt ign. switch signal....good place to start i think.

dshane

Reaction score
i tryed that the only way it will click and run is if i jump 12 volts to the red wires on the injection pump or jump it direct to the coil on it
but it wont run that way it almost has to bea fuse link if i check cont. i get it on all the wires on the coil on power sol and the 2 red one on pump i just was hoping someone else has had this happen so i would not have to go thru tracing it all out kinda lazy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online