6 speed

Exekiel69

Reaction score
sure do!!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

I made the tranny mount off of the old one I had on the automatic. The crossmember I made from a piece of allis chalmers frame.

Had to raise the body about 6-8 inches to get it to fit. I didn't raise the bed because my gooseneck ball and stacks and stuff. No one notices unless I tell them anyway.

This is an remote either adapter from a John Deere 4020 or 310 back hoe. Pretty neat so you can either from the cab of the truck.

It's pretty neat I can pull what ever I want and with the 2 disk clutch I should never wear it out.

I tried to send You a pm but You have to turn them ON first.

Man that is beautiful, I don't really like the 6"-8" lift part but I guess something has to give. I think I'll do this some time in the future since none of the light duty tranny I know are good enough to make the swap.

Thank You.

Links56

Reaction score
Thanks, I turned PM on so anyone who wants to PM me can. It only cost me $600 for everything to do the swap.

Is that an overdrive trans?
Travis..

No it is not. since these pics I have put a 4 speed brownie box in backwards so I have a double overdrive. which makes it a 24 speed. The brownie box fit in place of my short drive shaft almost perfectly so if I ever had any problems on the road or something I could just slap the short drive shaft and carrier bearing in place of it.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds cool. Your truck was a manual trans originally, correct? Meaning it has the larger 4x4 style trans tunnel right?
Travis..

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
wow dude I wish I could do that now couldn't you have cut into the floor of the truck? and can you give me the parts list and what you had to do overall links56?

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a G56r from an 04.5? and up Dodge. Will still bolt up to an older 12 valve, is still in production so parts are easy to find, and has the better 6th gear ratio for cruising.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For your average pick-up, the G56 would be more than adequate. A friend of mine has an 06 Dodge with one and I can attest to how well it works. I can, however, see the attraction of having 6 close spaced gears in a very heavy duty package, the only downside being the need for an external overdrive.
Travis..

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The G56 that you want to get is from the 06 and up trucks. They have a higher overdrive ratio than the previous ones.

Links56

Reaction score
The G56 that you want to get is from the 06 and up trucks. They have a higher overdrive ratio than the previous ones.

I'm sure that they are pricey though.....

bigoilburner19

Reaction score
yes it is 3000 or atleast as low as 2300 on a couple around here hell with that lol ill go with the big semi trans thank you very much lol

dingodiesel

Reaction score
links 56 whats kind of highway mileage you gettin now. I think I know where one of those is..

I got a 1st gen with a getraggidy I just rebuilt . I want to put the whole drive train in my 92 crewcab gmc. At some point I want to put a different tranny or a external overdrive to get more mileage when on a long open haul.

Links56

Reaction score
Well it depends what I'm towing and whether I have the Propane on or not. empty with propane i get over 27-28. The propane helps alot. Towing my 47ft gooseneck with a big load I probably get 20 or so.

dingodiesel

Reaction score
I'd really like a part list? I saw what you said about making the mounts .I will read thru again in case I missed the clutch /mast/slave/etc info..
can you recommend a trans that will lower my rpms at 70-80 mph to save me fuel?..I see every thing from a 7sp to a 13spd but dont know anything about the tech. side of the gearing and shhhhtuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx