mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I will be trying everything you guys suggested

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't find anything wrong with the way tanks are vented .took a look at the fuel lines running up the frame no issues there. Here is what I did find,the last injector on drivers side was damp. The nut is tight but there is fuel in this area.i cleaned it off let it dry and then started the truck. Within 15 min of running it was soaked again. All other are dry .so I think I have bad or ring in there. Not sure if this is causing my problem but it's a start.

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess my thinking was is fuel can get out air can get in . However I would think it would give me hard starts like you said.

steelheadguy

Registered Idiot
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That shouldn't cause the problem when running, just after being shut off.

I wouldnt write it off just yet. Get that leak fixed. My truck wouldnt run or start. I fixed some little leaks, hoses, caps, new filter and purge the valve on the fuel filter. Now my truck runs fine.

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It been awhile since I posted on here about this but I'm still have problems. I read alot on here about fuel issues. Here is what I have done so far. I ditched the fuel pump for a facet electric pump. Replace fuel hose to the pump and from pump to fuel filter . New return line kit and o rings from consoga diesel. Replaced the rubber fuel hose from water separator to the steel line going to pump.tried bypassing water separator no luck there. I blew compressed air back threw fuel lines and I can here it bubble in the tank. My truck will run and idle now but when I drive it it will die. The fuel level in the clear bowl on the facet pump does not stay above half way consistently. I ran fuel line from a can to the pump and it stays full in the bowl. My fuel tanks are full. Has anyone had problems with the fuel lines from the tank to pump. They look ok I'm not leaking fuel from them but idk. All my hose clamps ect seem to be tight. I believe the issue is between the tank and pump. Right now I'm thinking about pulling the tanks and replace everything from there up . Is there anything else I can try before I do this.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my guess is the fuel switch valve.
I would delete the stock water fuel sep, for an aftermarket WFS.

mackmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been thinking about ditching the water separator and upgrade it to the 7.3 . As for the tank selector should I deleat it or buy a new one. I have read about people deleting them altogether.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been thinking about ditching the water separator and upgrade it to the 7.3 . As for the tank selector should I deleat it or buy a new one. I have read about people deleting them altogether.

Deleting it would quickly tell you if you fixed your problem. You have two choices if you want to replace it; Buy one from Ford(If you can still get them) and spend a lot of money on one that bolts in and hooks right up, or spend about $80 and get one from the local parts store that functions the same, made by the same company as the Ford valve, but does not fit up and plug in like the factory valve.