6.9 development

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
The laboratory tests included:* 21,000 hours at full load
* 16,500 hours at 72 percent load
* 4,500 hours of special durability tests
* 10,000 hours on pre-production engines

The 10 pre-production engines were built and tested on the dynamometer to verify the quality of the production process. Each engine was subjected to 1,000 hours (approximately 80,000 miles) at full load, with no problems occurring. In addition, pre-production engines were placed in customer fleet trucks and subjected to varied conditions, drivers, and use.

that's what i'm talking about! i knew it was something like that! ;Sweet
-Jon

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a good design. I'll have at least one 6.9 in the stable for the forseeable future Lord willing. I like all the medium duty "big truck" features they have like the gear timing and liquiud/liquid oil cooler and the piston cooling jets. Heck I like all the old diesels though, even the unloveable 5.7, mostly cause my grandfather had one and thats how come I first started to think diesels were cool as a little kid. Back on topic, I wonder how come the infamous head gasket problem never showed itself during all this testing. Also interesting about the old A code injectors, I wonder if that info is true about them facing differently and with the smaller orifice. Maybe that's why we never see anyone reman injectors as "A" codes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online