4.7,5.9,V10 or Hemi's

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
My dad has an 03 Durango with the 5.7L hemmi IIRC. It runs great, amazingly smooth, powerfull and gets 20+mpg on the highway.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had 01 cummins :(

as for the gassers.....just picked up a 95 1500 4x4 with 5.9, hadnt had to drive it yet...so no idea on the mpg
in laws have an 05 durango with the HEMI...w/o trailer in tow, pulls 18-21....with THIS load in tow...got a whole 7mpg ;Sweet
no it wasnt too smart...yes it was scary at times, no i wont be doing it again. hauled it 120 miles

You must be registered for see images attach

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holtzer1 said:
had 01 cummins :(

as for the gassers.....just picked up a 95 1500 4x4 with 5.9, hadnt had to drive it yet...so no idea on the mpg

14 to 16 mpg would be my guess. My dad had a 96 3/4 ton with the 5.9L and thats about where it was. Whered the big "C" go?

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
14 to 16 mpg would be my guess. My dad had a 96 3/4 ton with the 5.9L and thats about where it was. Whered the big "C" go?
unfortunatly up the street. i worked at a dealership 60miles away...sold her to the dealer due to major financial dropouts...lost a good job..paid less and drove farther to work, had a runin with a bench grinder at work and lost about 3 months of work... it enventually caught up with me. i sold it for 17k. 60k miles on the odo, new evap core, new i/p, l/p, all new synthetic fluids front to rear, new 35" tires...super clean truck, it was my baby....my pride and joy of all vehicles i've ever owned. it sold in less than a day. found out a guy up the street from me bought it. i have to drive past his house every day and look at my baby sitting in someone elses driveway...as they tear the **** out of it( they arent much for taking car of the body...let alone who knows how theyre taking care of it mechanicaly). its upsetting. one day, i'll buy another cummins 24v 2nd gen...yes i will.
You must be registered for see images attach

there she is for your viewing pleasure......brings a tear to my eye.

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of gas mileage are y'all seeing in those V10's? Nobody seems to be mentioning that. As soon as my rich uncle gets out of the poorhouse, I'll have either a Ford or Dodge V10, 5spd, 4x4, Crew Cab Dually.I love the sound of V10's and i just think they're a truely unique powerhouse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88