4.7,5.9,V10 or Hemi's

bigbrowngoat

COWBOYED UP
Reaction score
I' still have my old 89 w250 4x4 with the 360 v8 it got about 9 mpg in town and 13.5 on the road. was thinking about puting a 12v cummins in it but now I think I will just fix it up some for my boy he will be driveing in 5 more years :eek: the ol thing as only stoped one time on me about a half a mile from home the water pump broke not bad for a truck with a 191,000 miles on it :)

RustyJC

Reaction score
Well, before buying my 2002 Cummins HO/6-speed 3500, I had a 1996 V-10/47RE 3500, so maybe I can help a bit with some V-10 stuff.

My wife still has her 360 Durango SLT+ - I can't pry it out of her hands!!

Rusty

Last edited:

Deezle1

Fah-Q Racing
Reaction score
Dont forget the old 5.2 318:) my papy had a 1500 with a 318...chirped em all day long....whoops i wasnt supposed to say that:D it was manual too.............what fun it is to ride in a lead foot hod rod truck...la la la la la:D

Dom

BigSix

Reaction score
Does your pop tow with his? My buddy's '03 is just about to turn over 70k miles with only one trip to the dealership for the tranny reflash. Other than that and a gas cap for fault code p0442, it has been flawless. I'm about to turn 22k on mine with no problems at all. Dodge did it right with this truck.

nummit

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a free,complete, factory Hemi exhaust?
I have the whole thing from manifolds to tail pipe and all stuff in between.
Came off an 03 1500 QC 4x4

scrappy

Reaction score
I have a millenium edition Durango SLT+ w/ a 4.7L. It is 4wd with 31/10.5R15's, I know it gets around 12 mpg. in town. I get better mileage with my truck so I don't know what kind of mileage it gets on the interstate.

BigSix

Reaction score
Just turned over 25000 on the Hemi Ram yesterday. No problems and not one trip to the dealership. No new car bugs, tweaks, flashes or anything. Very happy with this one.

MUDDY

Reaction score
good to hear that gasser working good for ya steve ;Sweet

BigSix

Reaction score
32k miles and still no trouble. I rotated the tires this morning for the first time. Needed the exercise so says the doc and their's nothing else to do to it but wash it. I hope it stays this way for a long time. Those Michelins really live up to their reputation. Buddy has over 80k on his and they're still not down to the tread wear indicators.
I'm starting to toy with the idea of a Superchips tuner. It doesn't add a world of power but it does change the shift points and throttle ramp so it feels better so I've read.

bigdraft

Strokin..Not ******
Reaction score
96 Dodge 3500 Club Cab Dually

112,000 miles

V-10 Automatic

Used as the farm truck.........haul water, round bales, wood, whatever can get thrown in the back and hauled. Did put the gooseneck horse trailer behind it with 2 Belgians, 1 QuarterHorse, 1 Paint, 1 Foxtrotter all inside.

kevin

tgatch

Reaction score
Not one of you guys had a 440????? Geez I remember our 1976 Class C motorhome on the old 1-ton dually chasis from Dodge. The person that had it before my dad put a true dual exhaust on the thing and it sounded like a race car. It would actually light them up if dad got too ******* the go pedal.

Bad thing was the 440 was a HOT engine and it would boil the gas in the line and cook ballast resistors. Dad always kept 3 or 4 ballast resistors in the motorhome and got good and changing them quickly. The climb up to Flagstaff was where my dad learned that clothes pins on the fuel line near the engine helped dissipate heat enough to keep it from vapor locking. I also remember the Fan Clutch seizing up somewhere just west of a little town called Moose Jaw in Canada.

That old 440 pulled like a freight train. But man we remember trips in that rig by where we broke down. :rotflmao

F350DRW1

Reaction score
tgatch said:
Not one of you guys had a 440????? Geez I remember our 1976 Class C motorhome on the old 1-ton dually chasis from Dodge. The person that had it before my dad put a true dual exhaust on the thing and it sounded like a race car. It would actually light them up if dad got too ******* the go pedal.

Bad thing was the 440 was a HOT engine and it would boil the gas in the line and cook ballast resistors. Dad always kept 3 or 4 ballast resistors in the motorhome and got good and changing them quickly. The climb up to Flagstaff was where my dad learned that clothes pins on the fuel line near the engine helped dissipate heat enough to keep it from vapor locking. I also remember the Fan Clutch seizing up somewhere just west of a little town called Moose Jaw in Canada.

That old 440 pulled like a freight train. But man we remember trips in that rig by where we broke down. :rotflmao
440's rule. Have since 1967.

dodgeman01

TOWN DRUNK
Reaction score
we have a 95 3500 dually 4x4 auto with a 5.9 360 and 4.10's
Its not a power house but all we do is tow a bobcat trackhoe and trailer which weight is at about 16K pounds with everything we carry. in 11 years is has been un hooked 4 times and only once for a problem (intake gasket) all the rest were for normal stuff like tires, flomasters, useing my 94 Diesel to go pick up a tractor in WV. it only has 70K miles on it but they are all about 3k rpms and I would say 40k were about 4k rpm's. it uses a little oil but not enough to add when going 3k per oil change. The best truck I have ever owned is a 78 Dodge which I still have. it has a HO police 360 4spd 4x4 with 4.10's it will flat out run and sounds like its a big block.
DM01

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online