2017 Rally Route / Convoy thread (east coasters)

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
if I go there its 9 hours and 600 miles. I can go either I-95S or I-84 and I-81S

looks like its another 6hrs and 400 miles from that spot to the campground. How bad does that screw you over compared to your original shortest route?

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah that spot looks like it could work for me just fine. the only thing it changes are the states I go through but I honestly don't really care about that, as long as i can still get to the destination that's all that matters. il just be the follower from there to the campground. it sounds like you have more knowledge of the better route.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. 3 hrs flat from me to Motown. That's the worst section of road on the trip that way so plan a little more than 3 hrs towing. I hope not too much more though if things go to plan. [emoji6]

If we all end up going that way I can expose you to some fine hillbilly cuisine if anyone is interested. [emoji39]

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my two cents.... Have driven both routes to the PA area from KY, driving right by the campground on my way.... I would recommend the OH 70 route over the WV/KY route for anyone towing a camper.

If you are running without a camper, I'd go the shorter WV/KY drive. Hauling a 5'er or TT, I wouldn't even (and didn't) consider going that way. You have to get over the mountains somewhere, and I can tell you it was more manageable going through OH. Even, then there was a time I was in 3rd underdrive pulling up a steep grade crossing through WV to PA coming this July.

Heath

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know its still early but maybe we can restart this thread. now that there are some solid dates on the rally thread we could make more detailed arrangements.

I have the cabin reserved starting on Sunday the 16th.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I know its still early but maybe we can restart this thread. now that there are some solid dates on the rally thread we could make more detailed arrangements.

I have the cabin reserved starting on Sunday the 16th.

I'm getting in on the 16th also Elijah. I'm glad you found this thread, I was getting ready to dig it up myself. I'm still hoping to follow a bunch of you clowns down there.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My plans are still fuzzy. Hoping they get clearer real soon. No more than the penalty is I may reserve something and hope.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know we had tossed a few locations around to meet at. which one do you think will be the best and most practical rob.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I know we had tossed a few locations around to meet at. which one do you think will be the best and most practical rob.

I think the latest proposed meeting place was this walmart:

75 Retail Circle, Morgantown, WV 26508

Then winter came LOL

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that the one off university avenue where 68 and 79 meet or the one at university town center on the star city exit of 79? If you want to meet at a Walmart in Morgantown, if memory serves there is not much else at the university avenue Walmart. The one at Star city/ university town center has a lot more stuff. Several restaurants of various flavors. It's a couple exits up the road from the 79/68 junction. The other options would be to meet in Fairmont or Clarksburg. Just down the road (79) from there. I can recommend food about anywhere around there. In south Fairmont you have a mall that's pretty defunct but they have several restaraunts (Italian, Chinese buffet, pretty good Mexican place, bob Evans, applebees and assorted fast food). There's an ace hardware in the mall and a Sears home store. Walmart is more or less across the road too.

If you want to go all the way to clarksburg, there is about anything you can imagine off the Annmore exit of 79. Food. Stores. Whatever your heart desires pretty much.

On that route, there's not much else. There's an out let mall at exit 67 flatwoods. Then it's pretty much nothing till you get to charleston. I recommend trying to time it so you need fuel in Ashland Ky. It's just across the border on the other side of Huntington. Fuel used to be cheaper in KY, I assume it still is. There's a flying J there. I think they put another something in there too later.

Anyway, if there's anything you want to know about that route, let me know, I've driven all of it.... a lot. It's been a while since I did the Morgantown to Ky trip but I'm sure it hasn't changed that much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online