2017 Oilburners Rally

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if someone could bring a meter that would be great. I would like to check the timing on my engine.

Cory brought his last year.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to crawl under it and see what axle they are using now. Supposed to be heavier than previous. Who knows. I'll see what is stamped on the axle. LOL

The 4.30 gearing is pretty low, but I plan on using it.

I have 100,000 miles/6 years on the engine warranty. The only thing I'm doing under the hood until then is routine maintenance.

Heath
when you look under the truck's butt, if there is a cover, it' a 110. if you are greated with a rear that looks like a old ford 9in but ate the jar of miracle grow, it's a 135 :Thumbs Up

you might want to check that warranty, my oil changes, brake pads, steering linkage, belts, and hoses was included. they even had an injector to replace as well as a radiator. part that sucks, is mime had a really slow coolant leak they could never find, or so they claimed.cookoocookoocookoo

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you look under the truck's butt, if there is a cover, it' a 110. if you are greated with a rear that looks like a old ford 9in but ate the jar of miracle grow, it's a 135 :Thumbs Up

The 2016's had the front loading pumpkin 135. I crawled under and had a look. It's isn't a front loader. But, I couldn't see the model stamped or cast onto the chunk anywhere. I do know it's stupid big. LOL. I'll try and look a bit more. I had to leave to go to Heidi's softball game and didn't have time for fart around much (or get filthy) under the truck.

I'm assuming the front is a super 60. Again, need to crawl around a bit under the rig and look for casting ID's on the pumpkins.

Heath

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Kent Moore timing meter that will be in attendance.
Good deal man. Mel did a formal timing clinic for years at these events. He would literally time trucks for hours in the boiling hot sun under boiling hot truck hoods. God bless him for that. He sacrificed a full day of his vacation year in and out to help fellas have a properly timed rig.

Now, it's informal stuff here and there if a guy has the gear to time a rig and the time to help a fellow IDI owner out. Like always, there is usually a gaggle of fender lizards standing around said rig "helping" out. LOL

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Calvin, I'm confused now. Is Ford making the rear for the F450's? The diff cover has FoMoCo stamped on it. No Dana markings that I can find on the axle. I've looked for axle model information on the 2017's, but found jack squat so far.

The front is a Dana. Looks like every 60 I've seen before.

Heath

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Calvin, I'm confused now. Is Ford making the rear for the F450's? The diff cover has FoMoCo stamped on it. No Dana markings that I can find on the axle. I've looked for axle model information on the 2017's, but found jack squat so far.

The front is a Dana. Looks like every 60 I've seen before.

Heath
you know what to do. when in doubt, post a pic. :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You know how weird I looked crawling under the truck in my office parking lot? LOL

Heath

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pan is shaped like a dana pan?? But the housing looks sterling?? That's interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight