2017 Oilburners Rally

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow look at that! A new F-450 pickup version.That sure rides on down the road with a bit more pep and comfort doesn't she Heath? Congratulations on your new ride.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow look at that! A new F-450 pickup version.That sure rides on down the road with a bit more pep and comfort doesn't she Heath? Congratulations on your new ride.
It is certainly an adjustment from both my '86 rigs! LOL Biggest weird things are no stick shift, it's stupid quite, there is no ignition key, and it's MPG sucks!!!! Per the dash fuel economy thingy, I get close to 7 more miles per gallon out of my '86 crew cab IDI.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet! That'll sure get the groceries home! Congratulations Heath!
I hope it'll do a bit more than groceries. LOL

My goal is to haul Dad's Case 1150C track loader. It weighs in right around 26K. Looking at a Gator Made (Kentucky company) 30K tandem or triple dually goose neck to haul it with. It's gonna be close to the 32.5K max towing capacity.:shocked:

The camper (in my shop behind the truck) shouldn't be an issue at all. The fifth wheel hitch is good for 27.5K.:hail

Heath

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's weird walking by a 6.7 and thinking is that truck running?? I currently don't have that issue with mine. All my neighbors know when mine is running. LOL

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good Heath that truck will get it done, but you wont be passing many fuel stations. Everyone I know out here says the same thing about the fuel mileage.:dunno

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good Heath that truck will get it done, but you wont be passing many fuel stations. Everyone I know out here says the same thing about the fuel mileage.:dunno
Poor thing is covered in emissions equipment and can't breath worth a darn. Don't want to know how much fuel is used to regen the DPF. The sad thing is the truck has double OD and still gets crumby mileage.

I swear only rainbows, wildflowers, love, and artesian water come out of the exhaust pipe.

I won't have to clean soot off the passenger's side of the camper anymore though. LOL

Apparently, deleted 6.7's get close to double the mileage of stock versions.

Heath

Last edited:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I hope it'll do a bit more than groceries. LOL

My goal is to haul Dad's Case 1150C track loader. It weighs in right around 26K. Looking at a Gator Made (Kentucky company) 30K tandem or triple dually goose neck to haul it with. It's gonna be close to the 32.5K max towing capacity.:shocked:

That's over 23,000 family size boxes of cheerios! Which will make you one popular guy after the zombie apocalypse happens!

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Heath

My 6.4 was getting about 14. After I properly installed the dpf where it should be(on a shelf in my shed) and got an sct tuner and custom tyrant diesel tunes, unloaded I can get close to 20 if I keep it under 70. Plus I no longer am killing cylinder 7 and 8 with raw fuel on the exhaust stroke.

I understand you can't do that with your factory warranty though, but one day, you can really open up what that 6.7 is capable of when you let it breathe.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor thing is covered in emissions equipment and can't breath worth a darn. Don't want to know how much fuel is used to regen the DPF. The sad thing is the truck has double OD and still gets crumby mileage.

I swear only rainbows, wildflowers, love, and artesian water come out of the exhaust pipe.

I won't have to clean soot off the passenger's side of the camper anymore though. LOL

Heath
i drive a company 2015 6.7 and it barely gets over 10mpg.
the Dana 110 rear axle will help you climb up the side of a silo but at the cost of fuel economy.
it had the extended warranty until a month ago and I am glad it came with it.
messing with emissions stuff before your warranty runs out is a really bad idea. you'll get red flagged at the dealer.
enjoy your new ride :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to crawl under it and see what axle they are using now. Supposed to be heavier than previous. Who knows. I'll see what is stamped on the axle. LOL

The 4.30 gearing is pretty low, but I plan on using it.

I have 100,000 miles/6 years on the engine warranty. The only thing I'm doing under the hood until then is routine maintenance.

Heath

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
Is there going to be any clinics like timing setting or any work done on trucks etc. like has been done in the past?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't think any attendee's have timing equipment to bring. We've not had a timing clinic at a Rally in several years. IF someone has the equipment, wants to bring it, and time rigs for folks, I haven't heard them say so, but they are certainly welcome to.

Something always breaks and trucks are always being worked on at the rallies as needed. But, there is nothing scheduled as such.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online