2015 Midwestern Oil Burners Rally MOB

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Get mad? Why. This is an Oilburners deal not an IDI thing. I think you will find that you won't be the only one with a Cummins. Yes there will be some of us IDI'ers there but this is a diesel event so it's open to all diesels no matter brand.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I missed the one in Bowling Green ky back in 09 and everything else after has been far away so I'm excited. It took me almost six years to get a great running diesel although I miss my old beat up 6.9 that I put every drop of blood sweat and tears into and never got to run. I'm hoping my friend David Young can tag along I'll ask him tonight I'll send him a message.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok yall, good news and bad news, good news is I'm comin as long as I can get the time off work bad news is my drivers license is suspended till the 8th but I wanna be up there for the 4th July, so mom has agreed to drive me in "big Red" if I have the money which I'm a start saving now.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Haven't been on the board much but Lori and I are planning on going also. Well be bringing the bike along to do some riding.
Looking forward to it!
Will post more later.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Ok yall, good news and bad news, good news is I'm comin as long as I can get the time off work bad news is my drivers license is suspended till the 8th but I wanna be up there for the 4th July, so mom has agreed to drive me in "big Red" if I have the money which I'm a start saving now.

Sounds good.....looks like there will be a Big Red, and a Big Ed there!

73IDI

Reaction score
Only ones I got from the only one I've been to (2013) but it's a sample I'm sure someone has plenty more
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
ok folks the campground contacted me yesterday saying they are getting calls for the holiday and are going to release the hold on campsites and the cabins this week. so if you want to be with the group then you need to get on the horn to the campground to make your reservations. they still have 2 cabins available that they are holding for us. they do not require a security hold to make the reservations - you pay when you arrive. So lets build this thing.

I am checking on taking a tour of the Cummins Engine Factory in Columbus so that we can see how modern diesel engines are built. I know I know we started as an IDI group but we have members that have the Big C under their hoods plus it would be cool to see how engines are built at a factory none the less no matter what brand.

Also planning on taking a canoe trip down our local river. I will be contacting them here soon once the open for the season to get details.

I know I said I wasn't planning activities but this is a vacation and I want to do at least a couple of things.

I know I am looking forward to seeing the scenery that Brown County has to offer - it's in my opinion the best Indiana has to offer - there is a local myth that there is a straight piece of road in the area. lol.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I will have the bed work done on my version of a rat rod truck for all to view. So if you want to see it you have to come as I will not be posting pictures of it till after the event (my way of getting you to visit).

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't been on the board much but Lori and I are planning on going also. Well be bringing the bike along to do some riding.
Looking forward to it!
Will post more later.

Great!

Missy and I were talking about you guys the other day. Will be good to see you two again.

Heath

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Reservations are Made, We wont be able to take the whole week but plan on coming in on the wed the 3rd and leaving Monday the 7th. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can everyone who is going please introduce yourselves I know a few people but honestly cannot recall names for the life of me. Just send me a PM or whatever hope to see yall there.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok just an update. I have been running and mapping out the cruises that we will take over the course of the week and putting together a schedule per say for the week. I will say that we have some downtime to enjoy each other's company but we will also be doing some driving in the area so that we can enjoy the scenery and enjoy our trucks. We are a truck rally so just like a motorcycle rally we are going to enjoy them a bit. I for one am looking forward to getting the rat truck out and putting some miles on her.

Here are some of the activities I have so far.

Visit Camp Atterbury Military base
Visit Gatesville so we can see and maybe participate in panning for some gold.
Visit Story Inn - great scenery and nice non straight road.
Visit Nashville for some shopping, visit the historic Jail and there is a micro brewery in town that has some awesome pizza!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online