2004 Duramx broke down

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So what causes a duramax to start running crappy. Low on power and sounds horrible.. This is in a 2004 4500 rig. Two years ago it lost an injecter tip that ruined the engine. The $11,000.00 bill was going to be split in half but Detroit vice president at GM found out what was going on when the owner called to complain. Said "they" would pay for it and she gets a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty.. Good deal cause the next year while on the road she lost the turbo about the middle of New mexico. Two mechanics were flown out to fit it too so its a deal. Now she's about 85 miles from home and broke down. I have an F350 crewcab srw with a set of 3.55 gears so I'm really not able to pull the 8 horse loaded trailer. I know I can move it but my spring package wont handle it nor will my brakes hold it. I'm thinking its the cam positioner or maybe the throttle peddle switch but I'm no duramax mechanic like I am the idi mechanic. Anybody got any suggestions.. thanks..

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That should be the lb7, which is known for eating injectors.

IIRC, a normal code reader will do on those. (Unlike the Powerstroke)

If you're there, on top of the fuel filter is a primer pump. Give er some pumps and see what it does. (It's on the rh side down beside the engine)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online