2000 Windstar burning fuse #19

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Is the one on the pass compartment, by the book is the one for the starter coil, not much info in the owners manual but every time I turn the key to start it it burns it, some times it wont but now it does it all the time. The tranny was replaced recently with a junk yard unit that work fine and it did burn the fuse before this but now it happens all the time. Everything works fine except for this. Where should I look?

Thanks.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
It is a 3.8l, I just helped him by replacing the tranny and man that was a lot of afternoons after work but he can't afford it and I did it for free but hey I know what I know today for free too.
After we got stiffed by the mr tire shop he still can't use the vehicle bc of this and I don't know where to look for this now.
Thanks TC.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is what I have for fuse 19 so far. it's blurry on my end, so I'm looking for page 29-3 on WTH it is supposed to be. key clue is a red wire with a light blue stripe.

Attachments

• ckt19.jpg
    ckt19.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's page 29-3.....
looks like hit the wrecking yard and get another component after making sure the wire is good.

Attachments

• dia 29-3.gif
    dia 29-3.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 2

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yep, maybe even take the one from the old one since it was working most of the time as he told Me. Thanks again TC.