1st Gen CL deal......

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not the prettiest but not totally butt ugly either.

DODGE RAM 4X4 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL - $4000 (fairfield / vacaville)

Date: 2010-04-28, 1:07PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

1992 4X4 DODGE RAM 250 CUMMINS TURBO DIESEL AUTOMATIC WITH A/C, 4 WHEEL DRIVE WITH LOCKING HUBS, POWER WINDOW AND LOCKS, CRUISE CONTROL AND TRAILER BRAKES. SINGLE FAMILY OWNED WITH MOST SERVICE RECORDS. 225,000 MILES AND RUNS GREAT. LONG BED EXTENDED CAB. CALL JOSH (707)372-3782

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
You must be registered for see images

PostingID: 1714928999

SORTIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not bad, Calvin! needs some cosmetics, but I like the one-family owner program

I don't trust an auto with trailer brakes, tranny re-build runs half as much as the selling price

it all boils down to maintenance, especially when it's 4,000 miles away

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for you, the bottom line is what you're willing to live with. you're going to be searching for a very long time though. what you're looking for is a truck that has been treated like a Mercedes "S" class with detailed maintence records and a pampered existence. but you don't want to pay the premium that comes with a non-rust belt vehicle that has received reasonably good care. this one isn't pretty but it's rust free. you have the orig owner to talk to and that's getting rare every year. the price is in the range you can work with. the only thing you may have an issue with is the auto trans and it's maintenance history. I've learned on these trucks, you won't get perfect. 8 out of 10 wants fulfilled is outstanding. even like my '92 w250, there many negatives, but at the price point, I was able to live with many issues it had. what are you willing to live with is the bottom line and are you willing to move quickly when a reasonably good deal arises?

SORTIE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for you, the bottom line is what you're willing to live with. you're going to be searching for a very long time though. what you're looking for is a truck that has been treated like a Mercedes "S" class with detailed maintence records and a pampered existence. but you don't want to pay the premium that comes with a non-rust belt vehicle that has received reasonably good care. this one isn't pretty but it's rust free. you have the orig owner to talk to and that's getting rare every year. the price is in the range you can work with. the only thing you may have an issue with is the auto trans and it's maintenance history. I've learned on these trucks, you won't get perfect. 8 out of 10 wants fulfilled is outstanding. even like my '92 w250, there many negatives, but at the price point, I was able to live with many issues it had. what are you willing to live with is the bottom line and are you willing to move quickly when a reasonably good deal arises?
time is on my side since I don't "need" a truck. what I do need is to squeeze value out of every last one of my bucks. even if I decided my ass could survive a cross-country trip I sure wouldn't want it interrupted by the need for costly corrective maintenance en route. rust-free is a HUGE plus, and we all appreciate you posting these Calvin:thumbsup:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
time is on my side since I don't "need" a truck. what I do need is to squeeze value out of every last one of my bucks. even if I decided my ass could survive a cross-country trip I sure wouldn't want it interrupted by the need for costly corrective maintenance en route. rust-free is a HUGE plus, and we all appreciate you posting these Calvin:thumbsup:
I've done many cross country trips both commercially and for my own sick entertainmentcookoo there's no doubt that a vehicle with a known maintenance history is a huge peace of mind. driving a new-to-you vehicle is no doubt a big gamble. as far as the money part goes, I can't help you there.