1995 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey was wondering if anyone had a schematic to the vacuum lines on a 95 Dodge RAM 1500 for the 4 wheel drive system. my 4hi or 4lo isnt working and i think I may have some broken vacuum lines and my front dif won't lock.

Thanks

also does anyone have any suggestions on where to get a good rear driveshaft.

my old driveshaft had a bit of an accident the other day, and right now im using one i pulled out of a scrap yard but low and behold the damn thing is out of balance and shakes like freight train because it has dings and dents in it. so im SOL unless I wanna drive damn 30 MPH all the freakin time.

but I talked to 2 diferant places in Nashville and they said they could take an old driveshaft and make it rite again or they could build me a new one, which would be fine and dandy. but for a highly inflated price. im not looking for anything fancy just a stock OEM driveshaft that makes my truck go.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
For the vacuum schematic, most of the Dodge trucks have a basic one on the radiator support. Have you checked that? If that doesn't help I have the FSM so I could grab the diagram out of there.

For the driveshafts, try car-part.com. You will have to measure your old driveshaft.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just decided to give in and pay someone and also just buy a new driveshaft. What about my interrior lights not coming on when my door opens? My chime sounds when the key is in the ignition and the door is open and the lights come on when I turn the headlight knob but again not when the door opens. The only thing I'm guessing is it could be the CTM. Which the scrap yard kindly donated. Which came out of a 96 with a 318 in it.

UPDATE: what was i thought was a CTM was actually a ABS computer.

Last edited:

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok well after some research apparently there is no CTM on my truck for those year up until 1998.

and the other thing is how many wires are on the door jamb switches? because like I said before my chime sounds when the door is open and the key is in the ignition but no dome/map light.

so is it more than one wire, more like a plug on the other end of the door jamb switch?

Thanks

KK/Fordman41291

Could be the CTM, but it also could be the door jamb switch. Have seen those go bad. Sorry for the delay in responses. Here's a link to the FSM: https://rapidshare.com/files/1004346550/1995 Dodge Ram Service Manual.pdf . Should help you out. let me know if you have any more questions.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
i don't know how many wires would be on it, the FSM should say in a wiring diagram. I'm certain you have to have a CTM on there. Under the knee bolster there should be a black small box.