1987 F350 6.9 4X4 Dually Centurion

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a pretty die hard Ford loyalist for the past 35 years since learning to drive. As far as I can remember, Ford did not offer the F350 CC 4X4 in a dually configuration in 1987. As a conversion, does anyone know if this has an adjusted GCWR? All of the info I have read give the automatic transmission equipped trucks a GCWR advantage over manual transmission equivalent.

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Macrobb, you raise a good point, my c350 is lifed and on 37" tires, so basically a 3.55 with stock gears.

Still do the e4od/gv swap though. Only thing better is a zf5 (imo, but my e4od is giving no problems... yet).

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I'm a pretty die hard Ford loyalist for the past 35 years since learning to drive. As far as I can remember, Ford did not offer the F350 CC 4X4 in a dually configuration in 1987. As a conversion, does anyone know if this has an adjusted GCWR? All of the info I have read give the automatic transmission equipped trucks a GCWR advantage over manual transmission equivalent.

You are correct, They Ford did not make a F350 CC Dually 4x4 in any OBS body style, they were all conversions. The conversion does nothing with the GCWR, just makes it a little more stable like any Dually would do.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I have had a C6 GV in my 89 for 14 years, I love the combination. Just recently I had tranny "built" Full manual valve body, 6 pinion planataries , Clutches, BD torque Converter etc. all the good stuff. it works good behind the Cummins, and with the BD TQ, the trans will hold me back when down shifting.

That said, If I had the option I would have gone with the E40d. Reasons why not, Cost, Aftermarket stand alone computer, Cost, shorten the rear and lengthen the front driveshaft, and cost. I would have wanted a BTS tranny so $5k just for that.

My C6 cost me 1300 and it is a bullet proof setup.

The E4od with lock up will run lower RPMS on the highway than a C6 with GV. and I believe so will the ZF5.

Either way you go I see no reason not to run the GV since it bolts on the back of the transfer case. You will love it running empty, and you could also use it for a splitter.

chrlsful

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"...Whats the end use gunna be?…"
Dat's the whole thing - application, application, application!
The only automotive Q relevant.

I C "tow".
OK,
2 lanes? back rds? Freeways? in da city? etc?
The GV ALSO comes well recommended re: durability.

Luv 2 C the Centurion. IS it the p/u or van? Lucky find.
Plez Post Some Pic!

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Centurion is an F350 CC 4X4 Dually. Will be an OTR hauler, 5th wheel or GN, depending on the LQ/hauler I like. I'll put up some pics this weekend.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still watching for pics, will have to unsubscribe soon.

well here's mine getting unloaded at my new place. guy hauling it has been bugging me to patch it up and make it a driver but its ROUGH. Centurion made some really nice looking stuff but some
You must be registered for see images attach
of their conversion parts were questionable quality for sure.

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score