$10.00 Injection Pump

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well this wont fit our idi engines but it sure is a differant looking pump. Completely opposite of what our pump looks and mounts like. It almost looks like something from England where drivers use the right side of the car to enter or drive from. Even the triangle cover to get at the pump turn up allen wrench is on the other side. Seems maybe the picture may have been turned around during processing???:dunno
http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-Ford-6-9...t=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could it be a pump off a GM 6.2l? It's been a while since I've played with one and I can't really remember how it's set up, but it's a thought... :dunno

Dave Barbieri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, he is kinda close. It's an old GM 5.7L pump. Mechanical history for $10, What a hoot!

I worked for a shipping company that used Olds Cutlasses as company cars. They'd run them for a year and sell them. We bought one and kept it for several years. Gotta tell ya, advance the pump timing and those suckers ran well! Keep after the filters and the fluids and it was money well spent for transportation.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some searching and found it to be for the 1980 GM 5.7

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys beat me to it. Back when I had a couple Olds diesels, I had 3 of those laying around at one time.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I forgot all about the gm 350 style diesel ... Knew it wasn't going to fit the 6.2 or 6.5. Just forgot all about the lost child diesel from way back...

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, SIL worked for a GM dealer back then. Started out at 6:00 AM going to S. Carolina for Christmas in a Olds station wagon, temp was -5, wind chill -23. Needless to say they only got about 60 miles to Piqua OH rest stop when the fuel gelled up. Told Him he should have taken my 79 Ford Van. :eek: :D