Dorman part 42344

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Well, after doing some searching on here as well as the general internet I came up with the dorman part number 42344 as the turbo drain back and CDR grommets. I was snooping at canadian tire the other day looking for what I "could" use and accidently bought a 42344 grommet.

After digging on the net, I come to realize I bought the right part and it will work! ;Sweet

But, apparently I bought the last one in the country because no one can find any more of them. I would LOVE to get my hands on about 15 - 20 of them incase they go out of stock in the near future....but I can't find a single one locally!!!! -cuss

Has anyone else used these with any luck? I also read that a glad hand rubber from a tractor trailer will work too....I am going to pick one up and compare notes between the two grommets. I have a factory one here in one piece that I can use as a template to make another. I got my digital calipers, analog calipers as well as numerous precision measuring tools so I can be SURE this will fit when I measure!!

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
When i was searching for a drain tube grommet i found Dorman 42323. Its a PCV grommet. Fits inside the OE CDR grommet and once i push my drain tube in it feels like a nice tight seal.

Are the ones you're using replacing the OE CDR grommet?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
With the ats 093 turbo pedistal i got from Billy, i used a stock gm grommet that i had instock at the shop.

I'll get the oem gm number so someone can cross it.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
When i was searching for a drain tube grommet i found Dorman 42323. Its a PCV grommet. Fits inside the OE CDR grommet and once i push my drain tube in it feels like a nice tight seal.

Are the ones you're using replacing the OE CDR grommet?

YEp! CDR and oil drain back tube grommets. I have an assortment of other grommets so if the need be I can make SOMETHING work. I am just in need of a drain/CDR grommet, an intake gasket and a flange gasket and I have everythign I need to install my turbo...or so I think.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I wish I could! We don't have anything like advance, o'reilly's, auozone or anything like that here. We have Canadian Tire, some odds and ends at Walmart, Napa and a couple locally owned chains. NOt a lot to choose from here!!!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
well the grommet i used fits inside the stock valley pan grommet.

the factory gm number is 14001875

but i stopped in the parts store earlier and saw the a bunch of grommets in the dorman line that would work.

I slid the gm grommet onto the turbo oil drain pedestal and put some silicone around it and slid it into the stock grommet.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I got one on hand, and to buy them from rock auto isn't worth my time. I buy one $2.20 part and pay $36 to ship it here....I would have to buy 100 to make it worth my while LOL....I do appriciate the thoughts though.

I am going to make a call to my local auto parts store and see if the owner will order me 10 or 15. She has always been good to me and my folks, I don't see why she wouldn't!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
how difficult is it to send something in the mail such as said grommet to canada?

Not hard at all. I ALWAYS get stuff shipped in from the US....mostly off ebay.

Would you be willing to get me a price on 4 GM grommets and 4 42344 dorman grommets and the cost to ship it here? I would gladly pay you the amount plus some for your time if you want to track these down for me.

Just let me know. I wold appriciate it BIG time!!! Maybe it's time I moved to the states...it seems like I can't get ANY parts in canada like you guys can!!!

Hell, my inner axle seals from napa were $25 a piece!!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That dorman part being a chrysler may just work, its the one for the "Can" breather filter and the hole is about the same size as the turbo pedestal.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
That dorman part being a chrysler may just work, its the one for the "Can" breather filter and the hole is about the same size as the turbo pedestal.

I HAD one Russ, I put it in a bag in the truck with the orginal. I got the original, but the Dorman part is nowhere to be seen. I brought my intake, valleypan and turbo drain pedestal home from the shop at work to mock up....and now I can't find that Dorman grommet.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I HAD one Russ, I put it in a bag in the truck with the orginal. I got the original, but the Dorman part is nowhere to be seen. I brought my intake, valleypan and turbo drain pedestal home from the shop at work to mock up....and now I can't find that Dorman grommet.

that sucks!!! I can find something that'll work for you.

Does anyone find it odd that a 088 pedestal uses the stock grommet?

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
My warehouse has 1 of the Dorman grommets, crossed it over and I can get them in the Standard Motor Parts brand for about 3.75