Real nice 86

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
That was posted here a few months ago , it is quite an amazing ride , and i would give my wife to own that truck,

86truckpull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only real problem they had with them is the stupid erg tube on them

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
NOTHING WHISTLES LIKE A 6.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care what wrapper you have around it. Now to me that truck is perfect, I like the 6.0 and the Slantnose it my favorite body style....

I know from experience, I could get better mileage out of my 6.0..... but then the turbo does not sing... I have an all stock exhaust, cat and muffler and it still whistles loudly..... completely open... it would be difficult to drive...... something would be in the way of the steering wheel..........:sly:sly

Also, they changed the turbo in the later 6.0.... the 03 and 04 is louder than the 06,07..... I was beside a newer 6.0, when I stepped on the go pedal, my turbo whistle drowned out theirs... and I was on their passenger side......

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
NOTHING WHISTLES LIKE A 6.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care what wrapper you have around it. Now to me that truck is perfect, I like the 6.0 and the Slantnose it my favorite body style....

I know from experience, I could get better mileage out of my 6.0..... but then the turbo does not sing... I have an all stock exhaust, cat and muffler and it still whistles loudly..... completely open... it would be difficult to drive...... something would be in the way of the steering wheel..........:sly:sly

Also, they changed the turbo in the later 6.0.... the 03 and 04 is louder than the 06,07..... I was beside a newer 6.0, when I stepped on the go pedal, my turbo whistle drowned out theirs... and I was on their passenger side......

Actually EVERY year 6.0 had a different turbo. No 2 years were the same

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like how they were diffrent about it not just another cummins swap like EVERYBODY else
it turned out to be one sweet ride:D

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Reading the comments, he kept the 86 dash.... spliced it in and made it work.... I could see how some would work.... not sure on the Speedo, but I could see it on some of the other gauges......

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Reading the comments, he kept the 86 dash.... spliced it in and made it work.... I could see how some would work.... not sure on the Speedo, but I could see it on some of the other gauges......

Really gives me hope to keep my 86 dash when i do my 7.3 powerstroke swap. Even if I have to use the 95 cluster